Can't Save GSDX settings
Yes, do that than Lady Shadow said, but make sure to delete the inis already created, so they are totally redone. The leftover might carry whatever issue they had.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I tried everything and the inis keep getting into the My Documents folder. Can at least anyone say the name of the GSDX ini? maybe creating it manually will force it to save the settings. Any other idea is welcome.

Also it keeps creating PCS files in the inis folder every time i open PCSX2. What tha hell is wrong with this? O.o
Not much to say here Ninja
No problem the config files going there. What should never happen is applications running from there.

Try deleting the whole PCSX2 folder under Documents, after saving BIOS, memcards and sstates elsewhere. Because it (as the files themselves too) may be already compromised by access rights issues.

Above all make sure the ini files are deleted and allowed to be rebuilt from scratch.
(03-18-2011, 09:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: No problem the config files going there. What should never happen is applications running from there.

Try deleting the whole PCSX2 folder under Documents, after saving BIOS, memcards and sstates elsewhere. Because it (as the files themselves too) may be already compromised by access rights issues.

Above all make sure the ini files are deleted and allowed to be rebuilt from scratch.

I already did that. I tried to run PCSX2 from my external data device, all my internal HD's, my documents, desktop, nothing, GSDX cant just save its settings. Might be a bug in the save code of it? And every time i tried, i deleted the PCSX2 folder under my documents, to make sure to get new clean inis, but no good. I tried to run it as WXP, and as administrator but still no good.

Its ONLY GSdx that is having this issue, so it might be worth looking at the code of it to check for a possible issue.

Just for the record, im using Windows 7 x64 SP1 PT-PT.

Hope this gets fixed and thanks for yor time trying to fix this problem. Lets see if we can get this fixed =p
I can't see how you concluded the issue is on PCSX2 or the plugins. Every time it occurred it was an "access rights" problem, out of control for the devs team.

I tested it again, just to be sure and every configuration do save as expected, including GSDX. I suggest you verifying the file properties under the security table.

Also, verify the paths under "Config" -> "Plugin/BIOS Selector..." something may be wrong there.

PS: For once, it should never be advised to run applications as "The Administrator", mainly if the user account is already administrative (as the most common). If such "need" arises it's sign something is very wrong already. Among the problems that can come from this, files can be set ownership to that "most special user" what can prevent any other user's access, even with administrative account. This is uncommon but possible under traverse security procedures.
(03-18-2011, 11:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I can't see how you concluded the issue is on PCSX2 or the plugins. Every time it occurred it was an "access rights" problem, out of control for the devs team.

I tested it again, just to be sure and every configuration do save as expected, including GSDX. I suggest you verifying the file properties under the security table.

Also, verify the paths under "Config" -> "Plugin/BIOS Selector..." something may be wrong there.

PS: For once, it should never be advised to run applications as "The Administrator", mainly if the user account is already administrative (as the most common). If such "need" arises it's sign something is very wrong already. Among the problems that can come from this, files can be set ownership to that "most special user" what can prevent any other user's access, even with administrative account. This is uncommon but possible under traverse security procedures.
Im going to try for the 10000 time to set the files to the correct settings, then.....

But then again, i concluded that GSdx saving settings code might have the issue because EVERY OTHER PLUGIN CAN SAVE their settings EXEPT GSdx, it doesn't even create the new ini file (the other plugins do create their new files), so, what can be wrong so that that particular plugin cant save theirs? Im going to test all over again, but this is only occurring since i updated to the latest SVN (i was using already a pretty old hehe). But im pretty sure everything is OK in my systems machine / files proprieties.

EDIT: So i tested every single plugin, and some more of them are having the same issue. I dont know what else i can do now then O.o" Is tehre a way to tell PCSX2 to use the INI's folder in other directory? (its not present in the settings so i can change it).
Try posting actually useful information to help identify the problem that seem persistent only for you. If GSDX can't even create a new ini and does not send a message telling this... it may be creating the file elsewhere that is not where you are looking for... hence the advise to verify the paths.

So, please, to be able to help we need information, like the plugin configuration (screenshots would be very nice), actual log... report of messages you get (or lack of them)... etc.

PS: Must I understand you compiled from the last SVN? it is what I do and the issue doesn't happen to me. If you downloaded unofficial compiled build, it can't be helped in this forum, there is no way to know what might get wrong in the compilation, thus no support can be given.
Ok then, here is all information i can get to you:

After lauching PCSX2 console, it haves writen:

Quote:PCSX2 0.9.7.r4450 - compiled on Mar 18 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 05)
CPU speed = 4.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2

Loading language translation databases for 'Portuguese' [pt_PT]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Tertiary not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\GSdx32-SSE4.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (8.17.10.1065)
Binding PAD : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\LilyPad.dll
Binding SPU2 : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\SPU2-X.dll
Binding CDVD : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9077 games on record (loaded in 134ms)

If i change something in GSdx it just wont happen anything.

Below are some screenshots, witch include my plugins and directories in use (i changed now the logs and that to the PCSX2 folder to see if any log is created, no luck):

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/20110318220118.jpg/
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/20110318220122.jpg/

Also, folder logs is empety, and no other new file in PCSX2 main directory.

Jst to be more specific this time, here is a full console log, with everything enabled. The log below is after i try to sabe something in GSDX:

Quote:PCSX2 0.9.7.r4450 - compiled on Mar 18 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 05)
CPU speed = 4.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2

(pxEvtQueueTongueauseCoreThread) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueueTongueauseCoreThread) Executing... [Cancelable]
Loading language translation databases for 'Portuguese' [pt_PT]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Tertiary not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
(pxEvtQueueTongueauseCoreThread) Event completed in 0ms
Reserving memory for recompilers...
(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Executing... [Cancelable]
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Calling pthread_create...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\GSdx32-SSE4.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (8.17.10.1065)
Binding PAD : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\LilyPad.dll
Binding SPU2 : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\SPU2-X.dll
Binding CDVD : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : F:\Jogos\Play Station 2\plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Event completed in 106ms
(GameDB) 9077 games on record (loaded in 134ms)
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Scheduling for deletion...
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Thread object deleted successfully
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Executing default destructor!
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Event completed in 5776ms
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueueWackoaveSinglePlugin) Event completed in 2175ms

Hope this is usefull. Anything more, just ask.

PS: A friend of mine compiled it for me (too lazy to compile myself), and then i tried with EmuCR build. If you please, if you don't see anything wrong with the logs and info above, can you upload the latests SVN compiled by you, just in case? Thank you for your time, and sorry if im looking a bit "stupid" or "not comprehensible"

PS2: Edited, dont know what happened to the screenshots before.
Sorry, I see you use idiom translation and I'm not acquainted with it and how it could affect things.

The build is above the last one I compiled too (3974 here), so I'll start the SVN and update it to verify if some bug was introduced.

Remember SVN is Work in Progress and as such it's to expect something can break, this extend the warning about support in the forums. The end user is invited to report issues but also to be aware of the risks and to not expect immediate support.

well, let's get the newer SVN update and see by myself what may be happening.
(03-19-2011, 12:31 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Sorry, I see you use idiom translation and I'm not acquainted with it and how it could affect things.

The build is above the last one I compiled too (3974 here), so I'll start the SVN and update it to verify if some bug was introduced.

Remember SVN is Work in Progress and as such it's to expect something can break, this extend the warning about support in the forums. The end user is invited to report issues but also to be aware of the risks and to not expect immediate support.

well, let's get the newer SVN update and see by myself what may be happening.
I know about that, SVN are still work in progress things. I like to test SVN's, i just stopped a wile ago because of some problems i had recently. Now everything is ok again, i can get back to my regular routine xp. I'll wait for your results then, thank you for your time an patience.