Can't Steer in Gran Turismo 4 Using DS3 Controller
Hello!

So for a long while I've been able to play Gran Turismo 4 without any issues using a old Xbox One controller, but recently I decided to switch over to an Duel Shock 3 controller so that I can have access to the pressure sensitive buttons for the titles that support it.

I followed a guide from the RPCS3 wiki to set up "Nefarius' DsHidMini", and after setting the controller to SXS mode, alongside adding the 64 bit version of XInput1_3 dll provided in the "Nefarius' DsHidMini" zip archive into the PCSX2 directory, the controller seems to work on all titles with its pressure sensitive buttons working as intended when registered as an XInput device on PCSX2.

However, when playing Gran Turismo 4 the left stick is only able to be used to navigate the menus. When racing, the left stick doesn't work with the car unable to turn from any directional input. Interestingly, all the other buttons work, especially the right stick which is able to apply acceleration/brakes.

Sponsored links

Hi ARustyOven,

as my IT Teacher once said "resetting solves 99% of the problems". Did you try to go under System < Reset.

It fixed my issue with the Left Analog Stick on the Xbox One Controller, maybe it will work on the DS3 too.

I fiddled with the controller settings before actually trying to reset which did nothing.