Can't create gslog.txt and GS plugin failed to initialize error code:-1
(11-29-2011, 12:09 AM)eubysmalflames Wrote: I'm having the same issue + an additional one (unless they are the same issue, i'm not sure) I am using the Leopard version of pcsx2. The SnowLeopard version of pcsx2 never opens. I am running OS X.7.2 (Lion) MOre of my tech specs can be seen below.

1. whenever I try to load an ISO, i receive the exact same error message.

2. Also, when I config the pcsx2 graphics (using ZZ Ogl 0.21.204) and I check "No logpharmic Z" option, the error message that appears in the xQuartz window is "failed to open inis/zerogs.ini" after clicking "Ok". I have been completely unsuccessful at installing version 0.1.0 manually and via executable.

I have installed/uninstalled everything multiple times.

I really appreciate your help. I have patiently read many of the previous and old posts regarding installation on OS X Lion, but i have not found a stable solution yet.

Rest of Tech Specs
MacBook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I have the same issues. Keep getting this GSlog.txt log even though I've ... tried to do it all right. Quite complicated, but still keep getting this error.

Are there any updates or new procedures at hand for help?

Have en i7 2.8 with latest edition of Lion

Sponsored links

(11-29-2011, 12:09 AM)eubysmalflames Wrote: I'm having the same issue + an additional one (unless they are the same issue, i'm not sure) I am using the Leopard version of pcsx2. The SnowLeopard version of pcsx2 never opens. I am running OS X.7.2 (Lion) MOre of my tech specs can be seen below.

1. whenever I try to load an ISO, i receive the exact same error message.

2. Also, when I config the pcsx2 graphics (using ZZ Ogl 0.21.204) and I check "No logpharmic Z" option, the error message that appears in the xQuartz window is "failed to open inis/zerogs.ini" after clicking "Ok". I have been completely unsuccessful at installing version 0.1.0 manually and via executable.

I have installed/uninstalled everything multiple times.

I really appreciate your help. I have patiently read many of the previous and old posts regarding installation on OS X Lion, but i have not found a stable solution yet.

Rest of Tech Specs
MacBook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

(01-29-2012, 01:47 PM)jakob.joergensen Wrote: I have the same issues. Keep getting this GSlog.txt log even though I've ... tried to do it all right. Quite complicated, but still keep getting this error.

Are there any updates or new procedures at hand for help?

Have en i7 2.8 with latest edition of Lion

The solution for both of you should be to simply ignore the "failed to create"-thingy. I get the same error, but I still get to keep my settings.
So do as Mubbsy said, do the changes, exit PCSX2 Mac and reopen it, the settings should be okay. Whenever I made changes to settings, PCSX2 would not start up a new ISO until restart, so I thought it was that way for everyone.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(11-08-2011, 09:27 PM)mubbsy Wrote: Nope, 0.21 was released most recently Jan 24, 2011 (on the download page), and I'm pretty sure this plugin was used with the previous version of 0.9.6 as well before the critical update.

0.1.0 was released Jan 30, 2011

http://pcsx2mac.net/2011/01/30/graphics-...-released/

It also has a PG at the end of the filename. My theory is that zzogl-pg is a tailored mac plugin and the first one hence 0.1.0 putting together the newest ported windows plugins with a few fixes and such. Whereas the other ones were only ported versions of windows plugins. But it could be a million things.

Anyways, despite the weird naming, ZZogl-PG 0.1.0 is newer than ZZogl 0.21

Also, the quick way to change permissions is to right click your pcsx2 app and click show contents, right click the contents folder, click get info, at the bottom give yourself read and write privileges, then below that there is a little options icon (looks like a gear), you want to click that and select 'Apply to enclosed Items'. You might also want to make sure the pcsx2 app itself is set to read/write, done via the same method (without needing to apply to all enclosed).

i did what you said to do because i also have the same problem in this issue, it started to work..But !! it shuts down and this is what i get at the end of my "bash"
shader file is outdated! only is log-Z possibleZZogl. i get that multiple times then i get "initializing successful
disabling MRT depth writing
...what do i do?