Can't create gslog.txt and GS plugin failed to initialize error code:-1
Hm... weird. That stumps me. You tried manually installing via Kaze's tutorial too?
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

Sponsored links

(11-07-2011, 06:30 PM)flurgle Wrote: Kaze posted another tutorial that might work... just know that the plugin you want is zzoglPG 0.1.0 not zzogl 0.21.204

Is 0.21 not newer than 0.10?

(11-07-2011, 07:08 PM)Jontie Wrote: Didn't work with the reinstall either..

Do you use the Snow Leopard version of the Mac system? Or the Snow Leopard version of the PCSX2?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(11-08-2011, 10:39 AM)Kaze Wrote: Is 0.21 not newer than 0.10?

Do you use the Snow Leopard version of the Mac system? Or the Snow Leopard version of the PCSX2?

nope, leopard system on the mac and leopard pcsx2 version. I have tried both ways of installing ZZogl but it won't work. and when i check the no log z it doesn't stay checked, when i close graphics window after checking it, then open it it is not checked.
(11-08-2011, 12:42 PM)Jontie Wrote: nope, leopard system on the mac and leopard pcsx2 version. I have tried both ways of installing ZZogl but it won't work. and when i check the no log z it doesn't stay checked, when i close graphics window after checking it, then open it it is not checked.

Hmm, try to use BatChmod 2 to change the owner of the PCSX2.app
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
How do you do that??
(11-08-2011, 10:39 AM)Kaze Wrote: Is 0.21 not newer than 0.10?

Nope, 0.21 was released most recently Jan 24, 2011 (on the download page), and I'm pretty sure this plugin was used with the previous version of 0.9.6 as well before the critical update.

0.1.0 was released Jan 30, 2011

http://pcsx2mac.net/2011/01/30/graphics-...-released/

It also has a PG at the end of the filename. My theory is that zzogl-pg is a tailored mac plugin and the first one hence 0.1.0 putting together the newest ported windows plugins with a few fixes and such. Whereas the other ones were only ported versions of windows plugins. But it could be a million things.

Anyways, despite the weird naming, ZZogl-PG 0.1.0 is newer than ZZogl 0.21

Also, the quick way to change permissions is to right click your pcsx2 app and click show contents, right click the contents folder, click get info, at the bottom give yourself read and write privileges, then below that there is a little options icon (looks like a gear), you want to click that and select 'Apply to enclosed Items'. You might also want to make sure the pcsx2 app itself is set to read/write, done via the same method (without needing to apply to all enclosed).
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

hey, guys! i'm new around here.
i was having the same problem. when tried to rename a file inside the app's package i was forbidden, i had to login as superuser to do so. then i realised that with admin privileges i couldn't play as well cause it should write some log inside the package. so i logged in as root and everything worked!
i hope i helped!

Hi there - Another newbie here with the exact same problem (MacBook Pro 17" Spring 2010 release - Snow Leopard)

The permission fix worked for me and I am able to run an ISO now. However, I was unsuccessful in loading the ZZOg 0.1.0 plugin. Is there a manual way to install it?

At least progress was made - small steps - thanks to everyone on this thread!

(11-08-2011, 09:27 PM)mubbsy Wrote: Nope, 0.21 was released most recently Jan 24, 2011 (on the download page), and I'm pretty sure this plugin was used with the previous version of 0.9.6 as well before the critical update.

0.1.0 was released Jan 30, 2011

http://pcsx2mac.net/2011/01/30/graphics-...-released/

It also has a PG at the end of the filename. My theory is that zzogl-pg is a tailored mac plugin and the first one hence 0.1.0 putting together the newest ported windows plugins with a few fixes and such. Whereas the other ones were only ported versions of windows plugins. But it could be a million things.

Anyways, despite the weird naming, ZZogl-PG 0.1.0 is newer than ZZogl 0.21

Also, the quick way to change permissions is to right click your pcsx2 app and click show contents, right click the contents folder, click get info, at the bottom give yourself read and write privileges, then below that there is a little options icon (looks like a gear), you want to click that and select 'Apply to enclosed Items'. You might also want to make sure the pcsx2 app itself is set to read/write, done via the same method (without needing to apply to all enclosed).

i think you should be able to manually right click your pcsx2 app and click show package contents. navigate through there to the plugins and you should be able to drag and drop the plugins in there (make sure you uncompress it into proper plugin format).

ALSO, MY SOLUTION TO PCSX2 MAC NOT SAVING YOUR BIOS DIRECTORY, PLUGINS, ETC.

Pcsx2 can be weird sometimes, so what worked for me was to load pcsx2, make all my changes, and then exit pcxs2 through proper means (clicking file> exit). You might need to do it a few times, but eventually it should stay. I think this is because if pcsx2 doesnt shut down properly or hits an error it doesnt save the changes as it assumes they made something bad happen.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

I'm having the same issue + an additional one (unless they are the same issue, i'm not sure) I am using the Leopard version of pcsx2. The SnowLeopard version of pcsx2 never opens. I am running OS X.7.2 (Lion) MOre of my tech specs can be seen below.

1. whenever I try to load an ISO, i receive the exact same error message.

2. Also, when I config the pcsx2 graphics (using ZZ Ogl 0.21.204) and I check "No logpharmic Z" option, the error message that appears in the xQuartz window is "failed to open inis/zerogs.ini" after clicking "Ok". I have been completely unsuccessful at installing version 0.1.0 manually and via executable.

I have installed/uninstalled everything multiple times.

I really appreciate your help. I have patiently read many of the previous and old posts regarding installation on OS X Lion, but i have not found a stable solution yet.

Rest of Tech Specs
MacBook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)