Can't create new threads in Developers' section?
I finally have enough programming knowledge to understand the emulators internals, or at least to me it seems so. I'm reading the EE interpreter right now. Though I've noticed I can't create new threads in the "Developer discussion" section of the forum. It may happen that I have a question ( in fact I do have one, about where did the first pcsx2 coders find detailed info about the hw ), what section can I use for that?

EDIT: actually, I might have been superficial saying I can understand the emulator, the first part of the interpreter is probably the easiest part ( and the fool's trap Tongue )

Sponsored links

The best thing to do is post the question in General Discussion, if it is deemed an interesting topic for tech discussion it can be moved to developer discussion, only the devs can create new threads in there, but an existing topic can be moved Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you, I had only seen the General Discussions for Win and Linux, now I noticed there's one called "Chatterbox", you refer to that one don't you?
Windows technical support is fine.

As for the EE interpreter...good luck. You'll hate it in a few days. Also, have fun if you want to finish off things like Level 2 exceptions or the rest of the performance counter events...
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The point is, if anyone wants to do some work on the PS2 emulation, they need some docs on the ps2 behaviour, memory layout, CPU / hardware registers ecc.
Right now, I don't know how to get that information except reading the emu's code. But of course that's not useful to implement new behaviour that is not there yet. Without additional info I think after a long time getting use to the code I could contribute to x86/x86-64 optimization and renderer optimization, but not improve the accuracy of the emulation.
If it's too much for this thread I'll make another one, just sayin'
Well I told you how to get that info in the PM I sent you. You could...welll...read it, since i sent it 3 hours ago, and you've been on a number of times since.
Oh, I didn't even know the website had PMs - ok it's pretty straightforward, but you know..
Sorry D:
No worries.
(06-12-2016, 01:03 PM)Find_N_Frag Wrote: The point is, if anyone wants to do some work on the PS2 emulation, they need some docs on the ps2 behaviour, memory layout, CPU / hardware registers ecc.
Right now, I don't know how to get that information except reading the emu's code. But of course that's not useful to implement new behaviour that is not there yet. Without additional info I think after a long time getting use to the code I could contribute to x86/x86-64 optimization and renderer optimization, but not improve the accuracy of the emulation.
If it's too much for this thread I'll make another one, just sayin'

There are lots of info in the source code. I started a doc on the EE recompiler too
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/PCSX2_Do...Recompiler

The best is to discuss what you want to do with us. This way we can explain issue/limitation what ought to be done etc...