Can't get FFXII to launch
First, the relevant PC specifications:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.5 GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+

Second, relevant plug-ins I'm using:

GSdx 890 SSSE3 0.1.14
Gigaherz CD-DVD 0.7.0

(I've tried all the other graphics plug ins that come with 0.9.6)

Now, my problem:

I have a dumped ISO of Final Fantasy XII. I mount it using PowerISO and set the Gigaherz CD-DVD plug in to the virtual drive. I hit "Run CD-DVD" and it seems to read the ISO, but when the display launches, it stays stuck at a blank, black screen.

If I unmount the ISO, I can launch the display and get to the BIOS menu.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Use Linuz Iso 0.8.0 plugin
Ack, I should have mentioned that I have also tried each of the CD-DVD plug-ins. Also, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
Actually, nevermind. I don't know why it didn't work with the Linuz ISO 0.8.0 the first time I tried, but it is working now. Thanks!
(03-30-2009, 11:44 PM)smhjr1 Wrote: Actually, nevermind. I don't know why it didn't work with the Linuz ISO 0.8.0 the first time I tried, but it is working now. Thanks!

You just can't have an ISO already mounted to a virtual drive and THEN try to run it with Linuz, that's why =D

Also, to get some better speeds, see if you are comfortable with overclocking your processor to at least 3.0 ghz. You and I have nearly the same specs (you have dual core, but SSSE3 instruction set and hardware PCSX2 only uses 2 cores anyway) so if you were to get your CPU to at least that speed, you should definitely be able to run the game at full speeds. Oh, also with your graphics card, bump up the internal resolution(setting in GSDX)! With that graphics card, doing that will make the game look much prettier =D
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(03-31-2009, 01:31 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(03-30-2009, 11:44 PM)smhjr1 Wrote: Actually, nevermind. I don't know why it didn't work with the Linuz ISO 0.8.0 the first time I tried, but it is working now. Thanks!

You just can't have an ISO already mounted to a virtual drive and THEN try to run it with Linuz, that's why =D

Also, to get some better speeds, see if you are comfortable with overclocking your processor to at least 3.0 ghz. You and I have nearly the same specs (you have dual core, but SSSE3 instruction set and hardware PCSX2 only uses 2 cores anyway) so if you were to get your CPU to at least that speed, you should definitely be able to run the game at full speeds. Oh, also with your graphics card, bump up the internal resolution(setting in GSDX)! With that graphics card, doing that will make the game look much prettier =D

To be honest, I have no idea how to overclock a processor or a GPU or any of that. Also, just in case it is relevant for overclocking, I only have a 450W power supply.

I am actually willing to sacrifice some visual quality to get a smooth FPS rate. I get 30-35 consistently, which is okay, but is bumpy at times.
(03-31-2009, 05:41 PM)smhjr1 Wrote:

To be honest, I have no idea how to overclock a processor or a GPU or any of that. Also, just in case it is relevant for overclocking, I only have a 450W power supply.

I am actually willing to sacrifice some visual quality to get a smooth FPS rate. I get 30-35 consistently, which is okay, but is bumpy at times.

Just google your mb/processor +overclocking. Even a child could do it with these days' hardware.
(03-31-2009, 06:01 PM)Cain Wrote:
(03-31-2009, 05:41 PM)smhjr1 Wrote:

Just google your mb/processor +overclocking. Even a child could do it with these days' hardware.

I don't think I even know what my motherboard is. I guess I'll google that as well.
I have a Foxconn G31MV-K board, and apparently it does not overclock.
newegg says it's possible to overclock it.