Can't get Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) fighting game to run at decent speed
Question 
Hi everyone,
Could anybody tell me why I can't run Hokuto no Ken at its normal speed? The game is playable, but very very slow, so, pretty much, almost unplayable. Sad

The GPU on my computer is a GeForce 7650 GS, if that helps.

Sponsored links

That doesn't help. What's your cpu?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Hi, thank you for replying so soon.
My CPU is an Intel Core ™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 Ghz.
You can try messing with speedhacks, but you won't get full speed on that.
Won't I? Is the problem my GPU or my CPU? I tried fiddling with the options a little, turned something off, and it did improve the performance a little bit...
THey are both weak for pcsx2.
All right. But how come I do get to run PCSX2 at all anyway? I thought that if my PC was too slow (and seeing as how it runs emulators even for PSOne and N64 no sweat I thought it apparently isn't), PCSX2 wouldn't lauch at all...?
You meet the minimum requirements, but that doesn't mean games won't be slow.
So, does it mean that NO PS2 GAME AT ALL will run the way they should?
It's strange, because I remember reading somewhere that in order to emulate a platform, you needed a PC with at least twice the power of the emulated platform, and I'm quite sure the PS2 (which I once had btw) was not exactly the most powerful console available, its RAM for a start was ridiculous, and my PC has over 2 GB of RAM...
(09-25-2014, 03:21 PM)vince16 Wrote: So, does it mean that NO PS2 GAME AT ALL will run the way they should?
A few light ones may work, depending on the ones you actually own.
Quote:It's strange, because I remember reading somewhere that in order to emulate a platform, you needed a PC with at least twice the power of the emulated platform,
It's a tad more complicated than this since it depends on the architecture of the sytem you're trying to emulate.
Quote: and I'm quite sure the PS2 (which I once had btw)
I hope you still have it.
Quote:was not exactly the most powerful console available, its RAM for a start was ridiculous, and my PC has over 2 GB of RAM...
pcsx2 doesn't use a big amount of ram. So, 2 Gb is enough, but won't change anything about your lack of raw CPU power.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go