Can't get more then 2x native on Kingdom Hearts 2
Hi!
I've been trying to play kingdom hearts 2, but when I go above 2x native I get lag. Do I need to upgrade my system or overclock it (My CPU is at 43 degrees when under the most load) my specs are below.
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Physical RAM = 2046 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ 9850 Quad-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.510 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbf
And the graphics card of course.
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_C9593842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1776 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1009 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
EDIT: I'm using the lastest SVN
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS

Sponsored links

Your gpu is as far as it gets regarding its ability to upscale, as it is quite old in power and architecture.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

So this graphics card (If I buy it) will be able to go to 3x native? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130795
The processor is old also and will hold you back on most demanding games as well. Although the video card could help getting better upscale it would not help much to resolve CPU bottlenecks (emulators use much pore CPU power than GPU, besides, most the graphics are processed by the CPU on PCSX2, via the VUs).

In that case the GTX 640 could be the best match for the CPU but I'm not sure if 2GB of VRAM will help that much, a GTX 650 with 1GB of VRAM would perform about twice and possibly cost near the same. Is more a marketing thing putting much VRAM on weaker video cards which don't have enough bandwidth to push the large memory as should than a reasonable measure.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the info, I can overclock my processor. I can look at some graphics cards that you suggested Smile
(06-15-2013, 04:30 AM)ItsGreat Wrote: Thanks for the info, I can overclock my processor. I can look at some graphics cards that you suggested Smile

Just be careful to get a 768 CUDA cores GTX650... those with 384 cores will not be that greater an advantage over the 640 (except by the clock).

PS: AMD cards are an option as well but I'm not the best to talk about them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
A oew (or even used) Radeon 7850 is immensely powerful for its price point.

(06-15-2013, 05:08 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: A oew (or even used) Radeon 7850 is immensely powerful for its price point.

A 7850 would be roughly twice the price point they would be looking at... The equivalent would be the 7750-7770 which would work well for most games in the 2-3x range (on par with the 650) depending on the game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
True, my mistake.

dont think theres anything wrong with that cpu its better than mine and i dont get what your getting.
you seem to be lagging behind in actual system memory though 2 gig is pretty poor given that you are using win 7.invest in more.
the gpu is way old i tried with my old 9600gt and was piss poor.so i grabbed a hd 6670 and its a lot better.
still my graphic cards is nothing to shout about but i dont play pc games so i dont need a £300 one.
must admit i have problems trying to play either gran turismo 4 or outrun 2.i get very low frame rates.
ive only tried a few games so far as im only just into pcsx2.but not had any problems with the ones ive tried barring gt4 and outrun.