Can't get my pcsx2 emulator to run isos correctly
Hello, I would like a bit of help with my ps2 emulator. I've been trying different things, surfing the internet with the errors in the log, and I've reached a point where they don't help anymore. I've got everything configured i.e. bios plugins but when I go to load my games, the emulation is a black screen (even though I can hear the startup sounds) and I get the error "GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff" I'm using an iso.

I'm not 100% sure of all the system settings I need to post that I have but here's what I believe are important:

Manufacturer: HP
Type: x64
Processor: AMD Turion™ II Dual-Core Mobile M520, 2300 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
Video Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Memory: 280 GB

Please help meh, I would really like to play Goblin Commander and FFX, and this is the only way since my ps2's laser sucks and I don't feel like buying another for 50-70 bucks.

Sponsored links

better show us the entire plug-ins settings including sub-configs per plug-in.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Your not going to get a good experience on that laptop, just a heads up. My older laptop has those same specs almost exactly (infact, since they are both HP's they are probably the SAME laptop)

That said, that error is a typical one if you're trying to open an .ISO file that's inside of a game... That's not how it works, either set the CDVD plugin to play from your disc directly (not recommended) or use a program such as imgburn ( www.imgburn.com ) and make an ISO file out of your original DVDs that way.
[Image: 2748844.png]
My plugin settings are:
GS: GSdx 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878] Renderer: (Direct3d9 (Hardware)
PAD: SSSPSX PAD
SPU2: ZeroSPU2
CDVD Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0
Bios: USA v2.00

That all you need? The PAD settings are just the controls, not sure exactly how to configure the CDVD. Note: I've tried all of the CDVD plugins and I believe none of the other GS plugins are compatible with my system.

And I'm not really going for a GREAT experience, I'm a FFF (Final Fantasy Fanatic), playing the game at all is gewd enough for meh.

And I'm not using a physical DISC I'm using an iso.
You don't need a cdvd plugin, the emulator has an internal iso reader. Maybe you should read the configuration guide...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah, I originally used that guide to set it up, and I just went through it again to make sure I didn't mess up any settings or miss anything, and it still doesn't work. I changed the GS settings to Direct3d9 (software) and it helped a little, but it went to the game (I could hear the final fantasy intro music playing) but the screen was still black for the entire duration. And I know I have the CDVD set correctly to read the iso. Not sure what might be the problem. Any more suggestions?
Honestly; You should be able to boot the game using the emulator at default. (i.e. changing from cdvdGigaherz to Linuz Iso was not necessary)

So-- You can boot the game and hear it, but the screen is just black?

Updated DirectX lately? Download dxwebsetup.exe from MS, and run it.
Yeah. I've tried both of those, and I always keep my DirectX up to date. CONFUSION!
My guess is you are using speedhacks maybe??
OR
It could be a bad ISO.Try re-making another ISO of the original disc.
Also your built-in RadeonHD4200 supports DX10 so set the GS plugin to DX10 Hardware.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
IT WORKS!! IDK WHY IT DIDNT WORK WHEN I TRIED DX10 BEFORE BUT NOW IT DOES!! Thank you very much good sir.