Can't load FFX
Woooow, are you serious?! I've never thought of this tower as anything close to slow >.< $400 wasted?! </3~
Why is it considered slow though? The processor? The quad isn't fast?? I'm an auto tech, not a computer tech, so I'm not very knowledgeable, I thought a quadcore was pretty much as good as it gets without going to corei7 or something. Anyway, putting that shock and heartbreak aside...

Graphics:
GSDx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
-Windowed
-Direct3D10 (Hardware)
-No Interlacing
-4:3 Aspect Ratio
-Native Res
-Texture Filtering Checked, NLOOP hack Auto detect

Sound:
SPUS-X 1.1.0
-Interpolation: 1
-Disable Effects checked
-Module: xAudio2
-Latency: 160 ms

Controller:
SSSPSX Pad Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
-Don't think this matters?

CDVDROM:
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
I did NOT compress the file; I don't have concerns about storage space, and I assume compressing the iso will not make it run any faster?

Dev9:
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

USB:
USBnull Driver 0.5.0

FireWire:
FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Bios:
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

Sponsored links

(01-31-2010, 12:21 PM)Rannison Wrote: Woooow, are you serious?! I've never thought of this tower as anything close to slow >.< $400 wasted?! </3~
Why is it considered slow though? The processor? The quad isn't fast?? I'm an auto tech, not a computer tech, so I'm not very knowledgeable, I thought a quadcore was pretty much as good as it gets without going to corei7 or something. Anyway, putting that shock and heartbreak aside...

PCSX2 only uses 2 cores, so let's imagine you have a Quad Core at 2.4 Ghz since PCSX2 only uses 2 of them only half of the speed will be used. Now, imagine someone with a C2D at 3.0 Ghz or something, that same C2D will be faster than your Quad in this specific case . You can always try Software mode, which is slower , but set your Threads to 4 which is the only way to use your Quad at full speed.

I think im right , if not , please correct me xD
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
I knew about that, she just made it sound like my tower was slow in general T_T lol

(01-31-2010, 02:37 PM)Gwitz Wrote: You can always try Software mode, which is slower , but set your Threads to 4 which is the only way to use your Quad at full speed.

I think im right , if not , please correct me xD

Are you talking about the Graphics config? Remember, I'm a noobie here =P lol.
(01-31-2010, 02:43 PM)Rannison Wrote: I knew about that, she just made it sound like my tower was slow in general T_T lol

And it actually is. And what about those graphic cards which of them is ?

And yes about that thing of setting in the Threads to 4 go to the configure menu in GsDx plugin.

EDIT: And btw, to choose the number of thread you need to choose Software Mode but don't expect it to be fast.
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Can you define fast then? I really thought I bought a good tower =[ my other tower is 2.396 ghz cpu, also quad, q6600 2.4ghz. That one is only 32bit though, with 4 gigs ram, 9800gtx gfxc.

And I'm sorta confused about the gfx card because when I went to device manager, it listed those two o.O. I was told it came with a 9 series...? No idea why it shows two.
Nope, totally made everything worse...

Btw, some parts of the game, everything is running super fast, but its only some parts (like the Mii'hen High Road) that starts lagging pretty bad. The cinematics run perfect as well =]. One other thing that I can't figure out is, why can't I get it to run full screen??? It doesn't matter what I select in the graphics config, it always runs the same size window o.o.
try IOPx2 speedhack, works wonders on my E2200
(01-31-2010, 03:53 PM)Rannison Wrote: my other tower is 2.396 ghz cpu, also quad, q6600 2.4ghz. That one is only 32bit though, with 4 gigs ram, 9800gtx gfxc.

That one would be much faster, the graphics card alone is times faster than any of the other tower (i've never heard of a 9300 card Oo) and also the Core 2 architecture is faster than the Phenom I one clock to clock. Oh and also 32bit vs 64bit OS shouldn't make a difference for PCSX2 (it's a 32bit program).

I suggest you start by getting the latest PCSX2 beta and disable "Allow 8-bit textures" in the GSdx on the beta (maybe tick "native" too if your card is the 8200 or 9300 ones, but this will reduce quality).
Make sure microVU is not enabled in "config > cpu" and then try enabling some speedhacks from "config > speedhacks", the INTC and the Idle loop fast-forward ones are usually safe, also maybe enable 'x1.5 cycle rate' and set the "VU cycle stealing" to 'slight' if you still need more speed.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks! The 1.5 speed setting did the trick, everything is running much faster with the exception of more resource-draining areas.