Can't load Tales of the Abyss Undub ISO.
Okay, so.. I've seen that Tales of the Abyss is a hot topic here. I sifted through the twelve pages of results I got from "Abyss" and was disappointed to see that my issue hasn't been brought up yet, it seems. Anyway, I'm new to this site and the whole idea of undubbing. I just found out it existed a few days ago. Abyss was always a favorite of mine, so I'm incredibly psyched to play it in English again, but with Japanese voices.

Okay, so.. my problem! I have both PCSX2 0.9.6 and 0.9.7. Both of them work with other ISOs I've ripped/acquired, but I can't get either to load my Tales of the Abyss undub ISO. I've tried multiple versions of the ISO, but no matter what.. PCSX2 crashes as soon as it tries to load it, giving different messages depending on which plugin settings I have selected, such as saying I may have incompatible hardware/drivers.

I don't know what settings I need to have selected, which plugins to use or if there are any other programs I need to make it work.

In case this is helpful, my specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz
2 GB RAM
nVidia Geforce 8800 GT
Windows Vista

If for some reason the ISO itself is corrupted, how can I figure this out? Is there a way to test it to make sure it works (beyond the obvious of loading it successfully into PCSX2)?

Also, if I had a fresh rip of my Abyss game, non-undubbed, is there a way to patch it up from fresh to Undub 2.1 or do I just have to use an existing undubbed version of the game?

This whole thing is rather frustrating and I hope I can resolve it soon. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your input.

Sponsored links

we need your CDVD plug-in that youre using e.g.:Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio and it's plug-in settings.

EDIT:
added sample screenshot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(08-09-2010, 04:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: we need your CDVD plug-in that youre using e.g.:Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio and it's plug-in settings.

EDIT:
added sample screenshot

I tried all of the ones that came with the program by default: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0, cdvdGigaherz (r3006), CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0.

The only one with configuration options was Linuz, but I didn't mess with the minimal settings it had in the config menu, because I don't know what they do.
(08-09-2010, 04:59 AM)Tal Wrote:
(08-09-2010, 04:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: we need your CDVD plug-in that youre using e.g.:Linuz-ISO or CDVDolio and it's plug-in settings.

EDIT:
added sample screenshot

I tried all of the ones that came with the program by default: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0, cdvdGigaherz (r3006), CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0.

The only one with configuration options was Linuz, but I didn't mess with the minimal settings it had in the config menu, because I don't know what they do.

haved you tried the CDVDolio 0.1.0?

Attached Files
.rar   CDVDolio.rar (Size: 14,49 KB / Downloads: 357)
(08-09-2010, 05:03 AM)tallbender Wrote:
(08-09-2010, 04:59 AM)Tal Wrote:

EDIT:
added sample screenshot

haved you tried the CDVDolio 0.1.0?

Actually, I did. I saw it in the screenshot you posted as the one you used, so I immediately got it and it worked! Hah! Oh, the days of frustration are over! At least as far as getting it running. The graphics are a bit jaggy looking, but it's chugging along at 60 FPS consistently, so.. I'm happy. Thanks for the awesome screenshot of helpfulness.
that game is little bit demanding...my rig stand and sustained around 52 fps...but still fine to me to play that game.
If only THIS ISO isn't running then that must be it.
Though I've played the undub as well with no problems at all. I've used linuz.

I am not someone who could help you from that, but I think others could by seeing a screenshot of the console when the game has crashed.
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi
I can't play this ISO too.

This is my computer detail

Code:
CPU vendor name  =  GenuineIntel
FamilyID         =  5
x86Family        =  Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
CPU speed        =  3.009 ghz
Cores            =  2 physical [2 logical]
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2 2.0)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS (6.14.10.9424)
x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3

(it detect SSE3 but when I choose it, it tell my CPU not support that plugin so I can use just SSE2)

and this is plugin I use

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o340/...plugin.jpg

about CDVDolio I put it in plugin folder but it not appear to choose, I check and see plugin loading tell this

Code:
CDVD Plugin F:  Version 3 != 5
Stream exception: File is not a PCSX2 plugin
    File/Object: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\CDVDbin.ro.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\CDVDbin.ro.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\CDVDolio.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Stream exception: File is not a valid dynamic library.
    File/Object: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\CDVDolio.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\CDVDolio.dll
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\GSsoftdx.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Stream exception: File is not a valid dynamic library.
    File/Object: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\GSsoftdx.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: F:\PCSX2 0.9.7\Plugins\GSsoftdx.dll
SPU2 Plugin F:  Version 4 != 5

Please, tell me if I should do something about it.

thank you in advance for your help.

PS. sorry for long post.
About the SSE3, there is no support for it, just SSSE3... they aren't the same thing.

About the ISO, I don't know this specific game but there is some reason to not using the internal ISO reader? (unmount the image from any physical/virtual device and select it from the "browse" function at the GUI, select "Iso" instead "plugin" and start the game with Boot CDVD (fast)).

Alternatively you could use the linuz ISO plugin already there. In this case you Must chose "Plugin" and Not "Iso" in the GUI and select the ISO in the plugin window. Again, start the game with Boot CDVD (fast).

In XP you could use a virtual drive and a driver plugin, but it's not really necessary.

The reason for the others plugins not appearing is because they aren't valid for that emulator version it seems, better is removing them from the directory.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I try both internal ISO reader and linuz but it still can't load game.

(others game in playable list I can play but only ToA become like this)

[Image: error.jpg]

Thank you for plugin advise.