Can't load save states?
I recently downloaded this emulator for the first time a bit back, and it's been pretty good for me so far, though I've only run Persona 3 on it so far. However, while I was playing it, I've been making sure to save at least three save states at a time so that if one ever gets corrupted I could always load back to one of them, as the memory card never worked. So I decided that instead of taking the risk of relying on a few states, I would try and figure out how to get the memory card working. I found a random tutorial on it, though I only got as far as hitting the 'no disc' button without an ISO running before I decided to make sure everything was still working. However, now no states are loading for me at all, strangely.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Are my save states now gone for good or something?

Sponsored links

It's highly possible.
Using memcard only is still the most reliable solution
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have savestates from like 6-7 years ago that still work fine. Are you loading them in the same version of the emulator they were made from?
(02-15-2016, 05:02 PM)JonyeGway Wrote: I have savestates from like 6-7 years ago that still work fine. Are you loading them in the same version of the emulator they were made from?

Yes. All I did to make it suddenly stop working was close/reopen it so it wouldn't have P3 loaded, open the memory card config without really doing anything in it, and click the 'no disc' option before I opened the ISO again.
Do you get an error or anything when trying to load the savestates? Its pretty unlikely they would all corrupt at once without you touching them.
I think I did at first, and it said something about how it couldn't find the states or whatever. Could that mean anything?
(02-15-2016, 04:04 PM)K.T.B. Wrote: I only got as far as hitting the 'no disc'

I'm assuming you already changed it back to iso, and ran the game again?

Once the game runs, try: System >Load >Load Backup, every state (0-9) has its own backup, so you should try to load the state, then try its backup.

Your save states files (.p2s) should be in the "sstates" folder, I suggest you look if it's empty, if it is, then you're f**ked I'm afraid, and if it is not then back it up before you really delete it.
(02-17-2016, 04:14 AM)K.F Wrote: I'm assuming you already changed it back to iso, and ran the game again?

Wow. I totally feel like an idiot now. I didn't notice the option, and didn't even think about the fact that it was a RADIO mark to the side rather than a CHECK. I also sort of assumed that it automatically changed back once I opened the ISO, feh.

But thanks, that worked.

So now that that's out of the way, what is the actual method for properly setting up the memory card, anyway?

E: By the way, when I had it still on no disc, everything was in another language. Is this because of the BIOS I used? Can I fix this without messing up my sstates?
You should be able to make a memcard save of your savestate progress. Load the savestate then play til a point you can make a full save. You shouldn't need to configure anything at all, just save like you normally would on a real PS2. PCSX2 automatically has a virtual card saved in slot 1 and the game should format it for you.

You can change the language inside the main menu if you boot no disc again.
That doesn't work, it just says "No memory card (for PS2) inserted in MEMORY CARD slot 1."