Can't not cheat Valkyrie Profile 2 by Artmoney 7.2.7Pro
Thanks for the detailed info!
I guess around 100 hours is to be expected on most RPG's if you're playing it fully, including side missions, levelling up, re-visiting towns to talk etc etc. Wish I could enjoy games like that again when I used to have a lot more free time.

For most of the time now I've been using 'Experience Pig Law', 'chasm wrath', and 'sword blessing'.
What's your opinion on 'chasm wrath'? (rdm & rst down 1/2).

At Dipan facing Hrist and her 'swordsman'. Struggling bad seems as I'm at a crap character level - average about lv 25!

BTW I'll tell you what the biggest cheat is for any game....... save states! Tongue2
Alienware m18x (space black anodized aluminum):
Intel® Core™ i7 2920XM @ 4.0GHz
x2/Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6990M - AMD CrossFireX
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD
Kingston HyperX 16GB memory @ 1600mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Sponsored links

(10-31-2011, 08:13 AM)Moyt Wrote: What's your opinion on 'chasm wrath'? (rdm & rst down 1/2).

Half your/enemy rdm and rst don't sound like a good idea...you are just doing more damage but if you fail to kill some powerful enemy in one turn,you may be in trouble(on the second playthought the enemys have 50% more attack and magic...on Dirna(after I beat the Seraphic Gate and fight he again)it's hard to service and with this stone set on dias,there is 99% chance you'll be dead really fast...she have more that 5000 atk and mag...I think)

Quote:At Dipan facing Hrist and her 'swordsman'. Struggling bad seems as I'm at a crap character level - average about lv 25!
Well you level is too low...at that point of the game I'm always above lv40

The only thing I don't like about this game is the Transfer status
Thanks again for the useful info.

Chasm Wrath is a 'no no' for more powerful enemy's then, cool. I better get rid of that for Hrist for starters Tongue2
Unless I can dash and avoid major damage spells/ attacks carefully!

Level too low... damn do I have to return to the hell of fighting over and over hah. I'll probably head out to previous boss levels with 'Experience Pig Law'.

Why do you hate the transfer status?
I always level up on Dragon Zombie in Palace Of The Venerated Dragon

That enemy is weak against fire/holy and it's Dragon/Giant/UnHoly race so equip one of those skils(if you have them)Unholy Purifier/Giant or Dragon and Training(if you think you are strong enough)and use some flame elemental weapons and attacks to do even more damage.

Equip Experience Pig Law and whatever else you want and set some seal stone that can make the enemy weaker.
With Experience Pig Law and Training,I think you get around 146000 EXP per battle and if you haven't notest(like me the first time I played that boss),there are 3 suns you have to destroy(each sun destroyed will make him weaker)...I didn't know that and because of the,the battle the first time wasn't very easy.
2 Suns are behind 2 walls(you have to destroy the wall to destroy the sun)and the third one is behind him.

Having at least one archer(I always use Rufus)will increase your attacking range even you the rest of you characters are heavy warriors.

And I don't like Transfer because there are places in the game that you can fall(if all of your characters fall...game over),also there are enemys in the Seraphic Gate that use that skill and if all of your characters get transfered no matter how powerful you are...game over again.
Zombie Dragon is what I had in mind to level up. It's annoying to have to go through the Dragonscrypt to reach it. Not too big a deal though. Same with reaching Dipan, having to go through the forest and then through the caves.
Yes I found the other 2 suns that power it up by chance; always like to hit L2 and scan about in my fights.
Looks like my skills options are pretty flat also, I really haven't been looking after my characters very well haha.

'Training', I don't think I have that :o

OOps when you said transfer I got you mixed up with freeing a soul in your party for some reason Tongue2
Ok I'm not looking forward to this transfer thing now when I come across it hah.
Training gives you 50% more EXP but lower all of your other stats by 20% and btw,it won't be bad idea to learn a skill or two...you may have problems later in the game otherwise
Finally done @ 76 hours. Well completed.... to some extent, I completely left out the Seraphic Gate Tongue2

I had a quick visit - Level 50 average for characters and I got slaughtered from just the TEST fight against Dirna, haha this just isn't for me at my crap level, nor have a got the time to go out and level up.
I only just managed to beat the game normally.
If I just blatantly cheated with all items and quick level up code then maybe I'll give it a crack hah. Otherwise I'm just going to leave this game be I just haven't got that kind of free time to make it possible via normal play.

Also thought I'd let you know. Rather than doing the whole swap data between memory cards etc for max crystals, if you just enable the cheats and load up a save state, then disable the cheat after you're done getting max crystals, it works perfetcly fine that way. That's to say without playing on the Seraphic Gate levels. So not %100 guaranteed.

Guess it's Valkyrie Profile 3 for PS3.... whenever that is. Along with a tonne of other games I need to catch up with.
(11-06-2011, 04:28 AM)Moyt Wrote: I had a quick visit - Level 50 average for characters and I got slaughtered from just the TEST fight against Dirna
Well that level is way to low for Seraphic Gate...btw the the first battle is the "permission" to enter the Seraphic Gate.The battles there are almost the same and some bosses are stronger and also if you complete the Seraphic Gate,you can fight her again but this time it will be even harder.

Now on normal difficulty is kinda hard but imagine fighting here with 50% more atk and mag power...it's no fun at all even at max level.

Quote:If I just blatantly cheated with all items and quick level up code then maybe I'll give it a crack hah. Otherwise I'm just going to leave this game be I just haven't got that kind of free time to make it possible via normal play.
You don't need all items and max level if more that enough to beat her without problems on normal difficulty

Quote:Also thought I'd let you know. Rather than doing the whole swap data between memory cards etc for max crystals, if you just enable the cheats and load up a save state, then disable the cheat after you're done getting max crystals, it works perfetcly fine that way. That's to say without playing on the Seraphic Gate levels. So not %100 guaranteed.
I don't know if this swapping is really needed but I do something like that anyway(load the save with cheats enabled,get the max crystals and save,then export the save and place it into my PS2 memory card).

So that means you clear the game without freezing with this max crystals codes?
I was gonna start the game to test it but I just can't make myself to start the game just to see is if the cheat will corrupt my save or not
I still think I'm going to leave the Seraphic gate, unless there are some interesting cut scenes or anything that relate to the story. I've read ridiculous things on what can be achieved there, for example beating a certain character on the 11th time unlocks an insanley powerful weapon.
But just who is going to do that, or even think of such a thing to do without reading up on it, that's madness.

Again no time I can only spend so long on one game and need to move on, as there's soo many titles I need to catch up on.
Of course if I had a pnach file for all items then perhaps I would have a quick try Tongue2

Max crystals cheat for the main story works right through. Well saying that I only used that crystal cheat say near enough the beggining of chapter 3 (that's when I asked for help here). So not 100% guaranteed if used from the beggining.
The money cheat provided in this forum I used first thing from the very begging and only once (was more than enough with loads of oath left after completion still). The crystal cheat I used probably 3 times.
From my experience if you enable the cheats and load up a 'save state' rather than a game save it should work fine.
(11-06-2011, 11:46 PM)Moyt Wrote: I still think I'm going to leave the Seraphic gate, unless there are some interesting cut scenes or anything that relate to the story. I've read ridiculous things on what can be achieved there, for example beating a certain character on the 11th time unlocks an insanley powerful weapon.
But just who is going to do that, or even think of such a thing to do without reading up on it, that's madness.

The weapon give you +10000 ATK/MAG but the damage you do is random and twice on divine enemys.I played the game two times with it and it's not something so special...I've seen videos on which you can do more than 2 million damage with it(probably with stats boosting items)but normally without those items I wasn't able to do more than 300000 damage per hit

Quote:Of course if I had a pnach file for all items then perhaps I would have a quick try Tongue2
I started the game now again so if you want,I can post my save with the best items(including 4 of this weapon)and the equipments and accessories needed to get almost any skill(those that I consider useful).

Currently I have:
First playthrough with all of the items,weapons,armors and so on that I consider useful and more than 3 million money...the save is at the first possible save point

The save I'm currently playing(avoiding battles as much as possible till I reach the first seal stone)is the above save and I'll save before the first boss in chapter 3

Like the first save but second playthrough

At the end of the game(second playthrough),saved at the Seraphic Gate(after I clear it and get all of the characters)...right before fighting Dirna for the second time(max level,all skills,best equipments,all attacks that you get from the Seraphic Gate)

Quote:Max crystals cheat for the main story works right through. Well saying that I only used that crystal cheat say near enough the beggining of chapter 3 (that's when I asked for help here). So not 100% guaranteed if used from the beggining.

Well the first chance to thy the code is at the beginning of chapter 3 anyway.

Quote:The crystal cheat I used probably 3 times.
For me using it once is more than enough to get the seal stones that are actually useful(by my calculation,you don't need more than 80000 crystals to get even some of not so needed crystals)