Can't play Jak & Daxter
PeoPS CDVD don't, but I've got Gigaherz. The game loads and then freezes on the intro bit where Daxter turns around. Is this normal? :-)

Edit: After the first crash, it don't load at all and just sits there.

Sponsored links

The problem is that the SYSTEM.CNF file for Jack & Daxter has been padded to 32kb and PCSX2 doesn't..well I think it purposely ignores the file if it's more than 256b or something like that so J&D can't be played yet on the latest beta or stable.

Jake has made a change the to elf loader or whatever and PCSX2 can now run J&D, but we have to wait until the next release of a beta, or compile the code yourself.

There's also a thread in here somewhere about editing the SYSTEM.CNF file so it can work in the current beta (r1888).
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Thanks Larfin Smile I'll search for the thread :-)
i can easily play my jack & daxter game (the first one), on both the latest beta on www.pcsx2.net and through the latest svn beta, a can get ingame and get very far ingame, i havent done a complete playthrough. my J&D is SCES - 50361
The title is a little confusing. They aren't talking about any jak and daxter, but the newest one that just came out about a month ago; Lost Frontier. All the previous games have run fine, albeit with a few graphic glitches, for quite a while.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(11-28-2009, 03:11 PM)arquliz Wrote: i can easily play my jack & daxter game (the first one), on both the latest beta on www.pcsx2.net and through the latest svn beta, a can get ingame and get very far ingame, i havent done a complete playthrough. my J&D is SCES - 50361

I reinstalled PCSX2 and it loads up but characters have eyes missing. Do you get this?

(11-28-2009, 04:53 PM)Koji Wrote: The title is a little confusing. They aren't talking about any jak and daxter, but the newest one that just came out about a month ago; Lost Frontier. All the previous games have run fine, albeit with a few graphic glitches, for quite a while.

I can verify that Lost Frontier does not work.
Have you tried either solution listed in this thread? That is, modify the system.cnf file or compile the latest SVN? As it's been confirmed that BOTH of these methods do work.

If you can't compile the code and are too squeamish to mess with the system.cnf you'll just have to wait until either a new beta build is released, or until 0.9.7 is out.
[Image: 2748844.png]
When playing the first jak and daxter I also get the eys missing issue. It dowsn't both me much. what boths me is the low frame rate. The game runs at full speed but it feels very choppy. Like playing a pc game at 20fps. A pc game at a low frame rate runs at full speed but it feels choppy.
Pretty sure there's no way to fix the black eye issue at this time. Last time I checked, there were some shadow glitches as well. Character shadows would sort of distort and appear farther up the character models height than they should. Should just be on the ground. A known issue, also of which I'm not sure if there's a current fix.

Ironically, this is one of the games I tried and got to play partially. On a really old PC too-
- Pentium 4 2.8ghz (lmao)
- 2GB DDR2 memory
- Intel Media Accelerator 900 (more lmao)

I'm amazed I got it to run at all, but it ran at speeds of 40%-90% with almost all speedhacks on and all graphics options at minimum. But that's impressive in itself that it even got ingame. I guess it's not one of the absolute most stressful games out there. I had minimal graphical glitches too (no more than anyone else). I can't wait to test it out when I get my new dual core computer actually. Haha!
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
(11-28-2009, 05:59 PM)Koji Wrote: Have you tried either solution listed in this thread? That is, modify the system.cnf file or compile the latest SVN? As it's been confirmed that BOTH of these methods do work.

If you can't compile the code and are too squeamish to mess with the system.cnf you'll just have to wait until either a new beta build is released, or until 0.9.7 is out.

I've got it working Smile

(11-29-2009, 04:54 AM)bkwegoharder Wrote: When playing the first jak and daxter I also get the eys missing issue. It dowsn't both me much. what boths me is the low frame rate. The game runs at full speed but it feels very choppy. Like playing a pc game at 20fps. A pc game at a low frame rate runs at full speed but it feels choppy.

Yeah.

(11-29-2009, 10:57 AM)Granville Wrote: Pretty sure there's no way to fix the black eye issue at this time. Last time I checked, there were some shadow glitches as well. Character shadows would sort of distort and appear farther up the character models height than they should. Should just be on the ground. A known issue, also of which I'm not sure if there's a current fix.

Ironically, this is one of the games I tried and got to play partially. On a really old PC too-
- Pentium 4 2.8ghz (lmao)
- 2GB DDR2 memory
- Intel Media Accelerator 900 (more lmao)

I'm amazed I got it to run at all, but it ran at speeds of 40%-90% with almost all speedhacks on and all graphics options at minimum. But that's impressive in itself that it even got ingame. I guess it's not one of the absolute most stressful games out there. I had minimal graphical glitches too (no more than anyone else). I can't wait to test it out when I get my new dual core computer actually. Haha!

I've got a Quad Core and it's speeds, without speedhacks on, has a speed of 20fps/s, and gfx are at a minimum too. good luck, though!