Can't remap dpad to analog input
Tried all the settings, Onimusha 2 is the game. Stable 1.6.0 works fine, nightly leaves inputs stuck (constant scrolling up/down). Why do you people fix a thousand innocuous things, and then break the simple stuff?

Sponsored links

"break" ?
what if you set sensitivity to 100 % ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-06-2023, 07:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: "break" ?
what if you set sensitivity to 100 % ?

Same issue, but thanks for the reply. Also when I map left analog to dpad instead (just for troubleshooting) somehow the game reads that just fine even though it isn't supposed to read left stick for menu input, afaik. Again, same game on stable build with lilypad, no issues remapping. Xbox one over bluetooth, btw.
hmm. can you please show your controller settings ?
both pad1 and general tab
(11-06-2023, 05:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hmm. can you please show your controller settings ?
both pad1 and general tab

Ive tried all settings combos, sdl on/off, just xinput, raw input, etc. Controller settings - just making sure auto mapping has the right input and then changing dpad...even tried shift-click and adding a binding.
ok. won't work, then.
sorry
best for you probably will be to keep using 1.6
(11-06-2023, 08:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. won't work, then.
sorry
best for you probably will be to keep using 1.6

Yeah, that's what I mean by breaking. I've followed pcsx2 for years, seems every time I go back to play an old game a few minor quibbles have been resolved at the cost of one major simplicity sacrificed. Having said that, it's really nice not fussing with a bunch of different plugins and unintuitive UI elements, so that's my admitted hypocrisy there, haha. Either way, thanks for replying.

Btw IT crowd is so funny, Moss is hilarious
(11-07-2023, 08:08 PM)whyubreakit? Wrote: Yeah, that's what I mean by breaking. I've followed pcsx2 for years, seems every time I go back to play an old game a few minor quibbles have been resolved at the cost of one major simplicity sacrificed. Having said that, it's really nice not fussing with a bunch of different plugins and unintuitive UI elements, so that's my admitted hypocrisy there, haha. Either way, thanks for replying.

Btw IT crowd is so funny, Moss is hilarious

well, you have no idea how many things have improved in terms of accuracy and performance wise too.
nightly is faster than 1.6 nowadays.

ANd, FTR, i just remapped dpad to left stick on my xbone controller, it works perfectly.
dunno what you're doing, but since you said you "tried everything" you assume "pcsx2 dev team broke something"

Not very smart, but can't help you since you didn't want to provide any of the required screenshot.

sorry for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(11-07-2023, 11:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: well, you have no idea how many things have improved in terms of accuracy and performance wise too.
nightly is faster than 1.6 nowadays.

ANd, FTR, i just remapped dpad to left stick on my xbone controller, it works perfectly.
dunno what you're doing, but since you said you "tried everything" you assume "pcsx2 dev team broke something"

Not very smart, but can't help you since you didn't want to provide any of the required screenshot.

sorry for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok. Anyway, have a nice life!
ALL OF THE GUIDES I’m finding on controllers use lilypad so I feel you lol