Can't run PCSX2
Hello there!!

Well, first of all I apologize if my english can't be fully understood. I'm a Spanish young man, and I'm interested on this project.

The fact is that I haven't been able to run it on my PC (a Pentium 4 3.2GHz, 510MB RAM, Win XP Professional 5.1, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X), and neither on my laptop (which is an Intel Celeron 2.5GHz, 494 MB RAM, same OS than my PC, and Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller)

I thought it could be due to the Graphics, but when I hit the "test..." button on "Configure", a "The plugin reports that should work correctly" message shows up, but when I run my PES 2005 (first game I found on my shelves ^^) an error is reported on the Ps2 Output Window (Need at least ps2.0)

What can the problem be??

If it's that my Graphics card doesn't support ps2.0 (as the log says, although the configure window doesn't), is there any way for me to run PCSX2?? (Some kind of patch or compatibility version, I mean, not buying a new card Tongue)

Thanks on advantage

Sponsored links

nope, you NEED ps2.0, even i there was a way to fix that, your card (and the rest of your specs) is waaaaay too bad to get any decent speeds from the emulator.
I guess you could technically use RivaTuner to emulate Pixel Shaders 2.0, but your computer is way too slow for PS2 emulation.
If you want to try to run it anyway, you can get an OLD gsdx (called gsdx9 back then) version. If you got an old enough version, you'll be able to configure Pixel shader to 1.0, 1.something and fixed pipeline. I believe that some or all of those display incorrect color (red <-> blue) in some or all old gsdx9 versions.
Again, it'll be slow and graphics will be emulated badly (due to the old plugin version).
ok, thanks for such a fast answer Wink

I'm studing 4th year of Computer Engineer, and this project seems quite intriguing. Is there anywhere to speak about technical proceeding (such as language used, and so)??

again, thanks