Can't run PSX2 NFS MW on high speed,while my computer easyly works with its PC versio
3.6GHz core2duo/phenom II is plenty enough but...

(08-01-2010, 09:19 PM)arman4chok Wrote: Intel core 2DUO(1.8 Ghz) = 3,6

That's wrong, number of cores doesn't increase the GHz on your PC. You have a 1.8Ghz CPU with 2 cores... that's it...
If it was like that a 2.5ghz quad core CPU would be the same as a 10GHz single core and ehr... yeah it's not...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Edit: @Arman4chok

Yes, mine is that speed in a more modern CPU architecture in "each" the four cores and it struggles with many games to get full FPS without variable (dependent on the game) amounts of speed hacks. and the video card is a bit more powerful too. So it shows as emulation is demanding on the machine.

PS: Still another misconception needing explanation... Its not PCSX2 that dictates the raw power needed... it's the game. PCSX2 is just 'pretending' to be the PS2 console (hence the name Emulator) and Each game has it's own level of what it demands, just like PC games. You wouldn't compare MineSweeper with Crysis I suppose...
Imagination is where we are truly real
and also dont be so paranoic,installing games dont kill your computer ,well in most cases
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Try using a clean deinstalling programme like Revouninstaller, after the built-in uninstall it scans the drive and registry for leftovers. Also there are programmes like Ccleaner which can remove worthless junk from your PC and fix some registry problems or leftovers. To be honest, without such programmes I would not install too much either Tongue Built-in uninstallers are sometimes extremely sloppy.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
Intel core 2DUO(1.8 Ghz) = 3,6
Nvidia GeForce 8600m GT 256 mb
2GB DDR2

You have a notebook. If you read the FAQs it says that using PCSX2 on a notebook is not a good idea. They are made up of non power consuming products rather than performance parts. That 8600m is a mobile graphics chip that can barely run the game at native resolutions without lag. On top of that, your Core 2 Duo is only 1.8 Ghz. The only thing you really meet in requirements is RAM, and depending on your OS, that's debatable.

Emulation requires a lot of extra processing power, as your CPU is doing the work of all the onboard chips in a PS2.

In fact, you should be thanking these guys for developing something that lets you play PS2 games at all, let alone slow.
Do you know what it takes to recompile code? It takes A LOT of CPU just to play N64 games on PC, you need like an 800 mhz Pentium III for Project 64, and the original console was only 93 mhz + 33 mhz RSP (it was the first 64-bit dual core console Laugh)

You have to basically translate all the code to x86-machine code... that's right, or assembly at the least. It has to be something that's executable on your current architecture and thus it's all about knowing your target code. Playstation 2 developers wouldn't be able to make an emulator any better than the coders at PCSX2... actually they couldn't do near as good considering they programmed mainly in a format that the Emotion Engine could read.

Emulation takes 10-15x the original amount of CPU on average... that's why emulating a 333 mhz Emotion Engine takes up to a 3.5 ghz Dual Core or more.

Emulation isn't perfect either, at best it's maybe about 95% accurate with occasional bugs in the rendering or computation.. your never going to get perfect unless your using the original console, which is weak compared to your PC.

Really if your PC is too slow, your better off playing PC ports of the games...

I love GTA: San Andreas on PC, I used to play it all the time on PS2 but on PC it's spectacular, I'm sure it probably wouldn't run full speed on my crap Pentium IV, but you know.... you can't always win when it comes to emulation..

I can't run Goldeneye 007 full speed using the interpreter on Project 64 1.6... I get double the framerate PCSX2 gives me without speedhacks, but it still isn't enough. The recompiler gives me up to 3-4x the speed the interpreter does.

On PCSX2 if I use all interpreters I get like 3-4 FPS... that's terrible.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Thnx guys!You really helped me.