Can't run any games (crashes instantly) - will run bios
I am having a problem with PCSX2 0.9.4. First of all I would like to make clear that changing all the plugins and settings make no difference what so ever, I have tried lots and lots of different plugins and settings for everything resulting in the exact same problem.

Here is my problem, basically I have ripped a few of my games to my drive which are Psychonauts and GTA:LCS, these are both US region games. Now when ever I select these iso's in any plugin, and choose Run CD/DVD I get this screen:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/m.../pcsx2.jpg
(Here is the crash info from windows if helpful)

I have also tried the 0.9.5 beta with the same problem except it doesn't say vmhack it just crashes, its the same with pcsx2t.exe, it doesn't say vmhack but it crashes.

Now, when I don't select an ISO and just boot up the bios, it runs fine, I can go into the browser/options with no problems. I don't understand the problem but I would like to be able to emulate my games. I would be greatful for any help or fixes anybody could supply. I am willing to provide more information if needed.

Thank you.

Here is my computer spec:
Code:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 4x1GB Kit
Hard Drive: 500 GB + 500GB + 750GB + 1000GB
Video Card: NVIDIA Asus GeForce GTX 280 + NVIDIA BFG 8800GT OC2 (for PhysX)
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ x64 Ultimate SP1
Motherboard: MSI P7N Platinum 750i
EDIT:I just tried the latest SVN build and its all working! I should have tried that in the first place, it doesn't run so fast though, any tips for what are the best plugins and settings for graphics? My spec should do well with it.

Sponsored links

what bios version are you using?
System Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.20Ghz | 1 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 512MB | Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit

I have tried my 1.60 USA bios and also the European 2.00 bios.

Seen as the latest SVN build works, I think the problem was with PCSX2 and not my bios or addons.
(02-24-2009, 04:30 PM)mupet0000 Wrote: I have tried my 1.60 USA bios and also the European 2.00 bios.

...you have 2 ps2?
(02-24-2009, 10:34 PM)mewster Wrote:
(02-24-2009, 04:30 PM)mupet0000 Wrote: I have tried my 1.60 USA bios and also the European 2.00 bios.

...you have 2 ps2?

Nope I only have one, I have some friends with PS2s who use PCSX2 so I asked one of them for their bios just to test. Does it matter lol?
(02-25-2009, 12:06 AM)mupet0000 Wrote: Nope I only have one, I have some friends with PS2s who use PCSX2 so I asked one of them for their bios just to test. Does it matter lol?

Yes, it's illegal Cool
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
well, he wanted to know what the issue was, if it was his dump he could always redump it. the point was testing the work of it, which the problem was found. so that's enough said. You think he's going to keep the bios that isn't his?
What, I'm not allowed to use my friends bios? Not like it matters, who am I hurting? I don't need it anyway it was just to test. As I said, it is all working on the latest SVN so I doubt it is a bios problem.
(02-25-2009, 02:37 AM)mupet0000 Wrote: 1) What, I'm not allowed to use my friends bios?
2) As I said, it is all working on the latest SVN so I doubt it is a bios problem.

1: yea, actually you aren't, but that's pointless in this area
2: can you describe more througally your pc specs and provide the log that pcsx2 makes (it should be in the "logs" folder, it's the only one bigger than 0 bytes)
(02-27-2009, 05:36 AM)Saiki Wrote: 2: can you describe more througally your pc specs and provide the log that pcsx2 makes (it should be in the "logs" folder, it's the only one bigger than 0 bytes)
to more clarify, "emulog.txt" in the logs folder Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja