Can the i7-5930K Haswell-e run every compatible game on Windows perfectly?
This is the fastest Intel processor in the world, it seems, or one of the top ten at the very least. Some notes:

1.It can be overclocked to 5 GHz.

2.Six cores.

3.18+ software threads.

4.20 MB+ of L3 cache.

5.Uses the latest and greatest Haswell-e microarchitecture.

My question is, if one had this processor with the fastest accompanying hardware and speeds (like the best NVidia GPU; best FSB speeds; best memory bus speeds; best RAM; etc.), would there be little reason to worry about all compatible games going perfect (or pretty much perfect)?

Realize the subjectivity, but consider the efforts.

Will the best possible rig achievable be capable of playing all "compatible" games in PCSX2 on Windows at full speed without speed hacks/etc. (slight graphical problems not as important)? Specs can vary, so I ask. FF-X works fine with a Core 2 Duo @ 2 GHz, but Metal Gear Solid 2 needs about 2.5-3.2 GHz for optimum speeds with this very same processor. Some games work fine on Celeron 450s! Some need i3s.

Sponsored links

Yeah, that would destroy all compatible ps2 games. At least ones that are able to be run at full speed. There are some games that won't run at full speed on any system
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
well quad core 3ghz was the one recommended so, it surely can play all the compatible games well except some few exceptions...
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
That is a monster CPU.

There really won't be any exceptions with that CPU LOL. (in terms of requirements that is).

And it'll 'only' cost you 600 bucks~ Wink
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-29-2014, 04:24 PM)xRyudo Wrote: There really won't be any exceptions with that CPU LOL.

i meant about games which can never be achieved 60fps and some slow games...
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hence the edit. Tongue

I think Mushihimesama is one of those games that'll never run properly. (I remember even with my old i7 @ 4.00 GHz it ran like crap. Couldn't get over 20 FPS)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
That is one helluva CPU, I don't think you'll have problems...aside from a few games.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
I do think it will, it doesn't matter if you have the fastest current CPU available, even if PCSX2 is CPU based, having it faster doesn't mean any game will run 100%.
In the case of a crappy microarchitecture (like P6) you could overclock it to infinity and it'd still be bad with 6th generation and up emulators and games, for the most part. With Core it's a different story (you'll achieve much better results), and Haswell is elite; if it doesn't work with this at any level, you don't really have anywhere else to go.

Overclocking makes a difference, but it's not always the CPU or hardware at all.

Take for example:

Someone buys a highly expensive computer and complains that their, "PCSX2 can't play games fullspeed.", despite the fact that they own the aforementioned CPU that this title is about. The problem is not the hardware; the problem is this person should not even own state-of-the-art hardware if they're incapable of unchecking the "Power Saving" option on their Windows 7.

It's like an inexperienced person who has never driven before who wants to drive a race car in a track. If you can't optimize for it and expect your "super-computer" to just magically do everything without any adjustments on your end, you'll always be disappointed. It's not just the hardware but the optimization of the software that utilizes the hardware that can make a ginormous difference in results.

Sorry for the rant ... just can't stand these noobs (no offense) who go around touting that their hardware is God-like and anything beneath it is only capable of using basic painting software or text editing (like this one guy who said an Intel Celeron M450 is only good for Notepad and email checking).
(10-29-2014, 04:37 PM)Ryudo Wrote: I think Mushihimesama is one of those games that'll never run properly. (I remember even with my old i7 @ 4.00 GHz it ran like crap. Couldn't get over 20 FPS)

Really...I thought I'll finally find some hard to emulate game to test it on my new pc but this game is running at above 230fps with default settings.

Is there is some game that is known that it need really powerful pc to run at full speed(SoC is running at above 80fps(default settings)and with VU Stealing set to 3,at above 150fps)