It can run FFX with 50-60 FPS and good or okay GRAPHICS
40-45 fps with good or okay GRAPHICS
50-60 FPS with bad GRAPHICS
it cant run the game well at all
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can this MSI Laptop run FFX
can this MSI Laptop (MSI GX640) run Final Fantasy X.?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?s...FMicroStar

"Specs"

GRAPHICS
GPU ATI Radeon™ HD5850 Broadway Pro
Video Memory 1GB DDR5

CPU
Type Intel Core i5 450M

Speed 2.4GHz
"Cache 3MB "

can I run Final Fantasy 10 with this.? or will it lag

Sponsored links

it will have no problems, and if it does some speedhacks will do the trick
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Yup. Will run just fine. But why would you sink that kind of money into a laptop? I say spend the same for a better desktop.
[Image: signature.jpg]
The answer to that is simple; A laptop can do things a desktop can't (or go places, rather). It's all in preference by the user, but you definitely don't need to drop $1200 on a laptop to play FFX well! Smile
(10-02-2010, 06:19 AM)Rezard Wrote: The answer to that is simple; A laptop can do things a desktop can't (or go places, rather). It's all in preference by the user, but you definitely don't need to drop $1200 on a laptop to play FFX well! Smile

then show me a laptop that can run FFX for less than $1200

(I want to bring this game with me when I go to Europe so no Desktops)
its not worth it to buy a laptop only for that game.... better invest on a better one that will run everything else you throw at it...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...CatId=4938
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I think that laptop should work pretty okay.

Personally, instead of spending thousands of dollars on gaming laptops, I buy an ultra-portable laptop for travel and use a mid-range desktop for heavy workloads. It's amazing how much power you can fit in small form factors nowadays. Rocking a quad-core Lynnfield and a GTX 460 in a case that's little bigger than a shoebox. Granted, the ultra-portable is going to be limited to basic use - internet, emailYmedia consumption, etc - but the additional battery life more than makes up for it. Alas, you won't be able to game on the go.
(10-02-2010, 06:19 AM)Rezard Wrote: The answer to that is simple; A laptop can do things a desktop can't (or go places, rather). It's all in preference by the user, but you definitely don't need to drop $1200 on a laptop to play FFX well! Smile

Well you're definitely gonna have to spend around 1k on a laptop if you're gonna try and emulate anything other than 2D RPGs. From what I've noticed is that emulating ps2 games is a lot different than running high demand made-for-pc games. For some reason that I don't understand it takes much more processing power to run pcsx2 at slow speeds than it does to run much more detailed games at high speeds.
[Image: signature.jpg]
i think it will run well be sure you have the cooler laptop(large fanblade).otherwise overheating can cause BSoD
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
(10-02-2010, 06:40 AM)Bearerofdeath Wrote: From what I've noticed is that emulating ps2 games is a lot different than running high demand made-for-pc games. For some reason that I don't understand it takes much more processing power to run pcsx2 at slow speeds than it does to run much more detailed games at high speeds.

Because running a PC game on a PC only requires the PC to read and run instructions from the game. The game is in a language the PC can understand.

Running a PS2 game on a PC is different. A PC is not a PS2 so it does not understand the language of PS2 games. That's where PCSX2 comes in. Think of it as a PS2 to PC dictionary and the PC is translating each instruction word by word and putting it together so that it makes sense. And then it runs the instructions. So yeah, your PC is doing more work when running PCSX2, because it has to translate and run the instructions from your PS2 games.

And then there are incompatibilities, but I figure this wall of text is enough for now.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!