Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can this system + configuration run PCSX2 fine? Plus two more question...
If you guys can help me in this case, it would be so nice of you!

Do you think PCSX2 will run good and will give 40 FPS during fight of Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 / Infinite World with this configuration?

1.6 GHz Core2duo
3 GB RAM
1 GB memory Intel Integrated Graphics card supporting DirectX 9 + Pixel Shader 3.0.
In Windows XP + PCSX2 @ Medium D3D Internal Resolution.

Plus I wanted to ask that which would be better among these?

256 MB memory dedicated Nvidia/ATI graphics card with direct X 9 + Shader 2.

OR

1 GB Intel Integrated graphics card with direct X 9 + Shader 3.

And I wanted to ask this as well, is there any Dragonball Z Infinite World / BT3 fan left or all moved away to those stupid expensive PS3 DBZ games?

Waiting for replies! Tongue

Sponsored links

Maybe inifinite world, because it's not very demanding.
Bt3, no chance.

Cant tell which gpu is better unless you tell us what exact brand/model it is.

Sure. Still many bt3 fans around here...
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
In all honesty i havnt had much experiance with PCSX... however going on experiance from Dolphin (another great emulator (for the Wii and GC) a 1.6ghz processer would not be enough.
Any intergrated gfx card no matter how good it may sound will not be enough for an emulator like this. And to be honest a low end dedicated gfx card also wouldnt be of much use. Specialy if you want to run at higher than native resolution. Which 95% of people will want to otherwise you mightaswell play the game on your consol Tongue

To be safe i would say a 3ghz processor and a mid range 400 series geforce (or amd equivalent) graphics card, would be enough to play nearly all emulated games at respectable graphics details and fps speeds.
Please thats not to say you could not run games with lower specs ...that just my opinion on a 'safe' setup.
CPU: 3930k @ 4.6ghz 1.36v
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: G.Skill 1866mhz 16gb
MB: Asus P9X79 Pro
GPU: Gigabyte 560Ti 1gb (338core) Super OC Edition
HDD: 2x 500gb 10k Rpm raid 0
SSD: 128gb Corsair Performance Pro
I use the i5 3570k with it's onboard HD4000 chip. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 still gets choppy at certain arenas but overall it's very playable. And since the new 1.0.0 version the game is even faster with fewer graphical glitches (that may just be my experience though). So that's the kind of CPU you should be looking for (or better obviously). As for the GPU... i really can't help except to say that the HD4000 is good enough for me and saves me spending money on a discrete card. But i'm not a heavy gamer.

PCSX2 requires mainly CPU power so a good CPU is what you really want. It *will* cost you a bit of cash, but you'll get so much PCSX2 goodness that it will be worth it.
At first, I would like to say that I run Infinite World on even my old Pentium 4 with 40 FPS (but it goes to 5 in fight) which contains 256 MB RAM, 40 GB hardisk, 2.26 GHz and a very useless GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 graphics card with 64 MB memory and 0.0 pixel shader. And with my other Pentium M I get 50 FPS (but it goes to 6-7 in fight) which contains 512 MB RAM, 60 GB hardisk, 1.60 GHz and a very useless Intel Integrated graphics card with 64 MB memory and 0.0 pixel shader.

Believe or not, I have got many many tricks to make it working on bad machines. Tongue So I guess with the new configuration laptop which I will get, I will get atleast 40 FPS in-game if I work a little on it.

But I guess, if I post all the systems configuration over here which are reasonable for me to buy, you guys will help me much to choose, right? If yes, I will post the configurations in a week or 2. ;-)

@jesalvein, I just need infinite world to work. :-D And for now, I can't tell the exact model. Plus it's very nice to see that there are still lovers of BT3. :-D

@SolarNova, thanks for your reply, I know that the 1.6 GHz would not be enough, could you tell me will 2 GHz be enough? Core 2 duo? And I know a way which gives even less graphics than on native, it speeds up the game. :-P Plus that Graphics card of GeForce is currently out of my range until and unless I buy a system instead of a laptop which I can't do. :-P

@eight50, well I have'nt checked their newer version yet, I will take a look at that. And of course, CASH is everything these days, if only I had some extra cash, I would have definitely bought a i7 lol.
Well not to long ago (few months) i was running a QX6850 cpu (quad core processor about 5 years old which is higher than a core 2 duo) overclocked from 3ghz to 3.66ghz ..and even that had issues playing Xenoblade chronicles on Dolphin ..granted that is one of the most demanding games out for the Wii ..and the Wii is higher quality than PCSX ..but its emulated still. it was playable, but the performane bugged me personaly.

I honestly couldnt see it being playable with a 2ghz processor however.... PCSX does seem to have less requirments than dolphin games...so you may get away with it on some games if you run with minimal settings ..i just cant see you enjoying it though tbh. unless you playing it on a really small screen where the low resolution is less obviose.
My last 2 screens over the past 6 years have been 37" to 42" Tv's so its hard for me to imagin how much better low resolution look on smaller screens ..becouse on a big screens ..native PS2 looks like tetris Tongue
CPU: 3930k @ 4.6ghz 1.36v
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: G.Skill 1866mhz 16gb
MB: Asus P9X79 Pro
GPU: Gigabyte 560Ti 1gb (338core) Super OC Edition
HDD: 2x 500gb 10k Rpm raid 0
SSD: 128gb Corsair Performance Pro
Please stop comparing Dolphin & pcsx2 when you obviously have no idea of what you're talking about.
Gamecube/wii has an easier to emulate architecture. Especially the GpU which is very close to the ones we use in our PCs.

But Basically, the PS2 was a much more powerful console than the Gamecube/Wii (you can't ignore that Wii & Gamecube are exactly the same, it's just an overclocking matter). Just harder to emulate because of its very complex architecture.

oh, and BTW :
Quote:PCSX does seem to have less requirments than dolphin games
definitely wrong too, since Dolphin uses GPU power more than pcsx2.
I ran most of my wii games on my old Athlon x2 4800+ w/radeon 5650 without any problem.
which wasn't the case with pcsx2 since it relies really more on cpu's raw power.
(09-16-2012, 09:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Gamecube/wii has an easier to emulate architecture. Especially the GpU which is very close to the ones we use in our PCs.

How do you figure that? It actually sounds like you don't know what you're talking about now.
(09-16-2012, 09:19 PM)Starscream Wrote: How do you figure that? It actually sounds like you don't know what you're talking about now.

ever heard of google/wikipedia ?
wonderful tools, you know...
You don't get to give me the generic "use google" answer when you make ridiculous claims about the GPU in the Wii. Kindly explain to me how it's like "the ones in our PCs" and how what the PS2 is using isn't.