Can you make the emulator act as a default program for runing ps2 games?
for instance is there a way that when I put in a ps2 game in my pc disk drive that it will auto detect it as a ps2 game and launch the emulator and run it so that I don't have to do anything except configure it once then I can play any ps2 game on my pc just by inserting the disk?

Sponsored links

Interesting, but the trick would be how to recognize it as a PS2 disc. A PS2 disc looks like any other data DVD to the OS.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-28-2013, 08:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Interesting, but the trick would be how to recognize it as a PS2 disc. A PS2 disc looks like any other data DVD to the OS.

Here is a answer to that problem on every ps2 disk is a .img file and .CNF file somewhere on the disk which most disks don't have so maybe searcching for those two file types on the disk that you insert to see if it is a ps2 disk or a pc disk.
That would have to happen at OS level though, unless PCSX2 ran a service 24/7 that checked all discs. And most users wouldn't want that and might think it was spyware.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-28-2013, 09:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That would have to happen at OS level though, unless PCSX2 ran a service 24/7 that checked all discs. And most users wouldn't want that and might think it was spyware.

Wait if you made a new type of Image file Like a .pcsx2IMG file that was recognized as a ps2 emulation file and when clicked ran the game
I dunno, I was just posting my thoughts. I don't know if it can work.
(12-28-2013, 09:31 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I dunno, I was just posting my thoughts. I don't know if it can work.

I Changed my last reply alittle before you finished replying to it sorry about that.
You can rename the [Game].ISO Files to say [Game].PCSX2Img and associate it with PCSX2. It works. But I don't think it can work out for PS2 Disks since ps2 disk don't contain a single file which can act as a executor for the game unless you create pcsx2 to play as a dvd player App so that it comes in the Autoplay List.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
This is one way to do it.
1.You need the program AutoHotkey
2.The AutoPlay function must work(the window that appear when you insert a disk from which you choose what to do)
3.Write a script for autohotkey that does this

Code:
Loop
{
WinWaitActive,CD Drive (F:) ahk_class #32770
IfNotExist,F:\SYSTEM.CNF
{
WinWaitClose,A
Continue
}
WinClose,A
RunWait,Pcsx2 path with the command line to run the cd
}

This will also run pcsx2 when you place PS1 disk but there is a way to avoid that too(I'm not at home so I can't give you a script that will run pcsx2 only when you place ps2 game)

recoder

You can also create a shortcuts to every image you have rather that renaming the extensions or associating
I already forgot about this, thanks for reminding me recoder Smile
In fact you can leave the file extension intact and simply associate any file (that is a valid game image)
to run with PCSX2 and it will work.
For auto starting a game disk, we would have to run a service. It's a nice idea.