Can you modify where PCSX2 stores memcards & controller binding files?
My question is: Is there a way to make this easier to handle? Specifically, is there a way to modify where PCSX2 looks for this stuff so that everyone get's their own files effectively?

Bonus question: Can you rebind hotkeys like save state (F1) & load state (F3)?

If there were spoilers, and I knew how to use them, I would for the below.

This is the reason I want to know if this feature is possible/avaiable. This is just extra, and is not necessary to read:

I'm a fan of playing games with my friends/family on my PC. Finding multiplayer local games on PC is hard (I've tried). It's much easier on Console. Thus PCSX2.

Well, the particular game we were playing at one point was Yugioh: Duelist of the Roses. I opened 3 instances of PCSX2 (i.e. 3 consoles, 3 GUIs, and 3 games running at once). Hardware performance isn't a problem.

However, it is difficult to deal with. Every once in a while, the program crashes, but that isn't what is hard to deal with. Save states are shared, but that is ok too as 10 is more than enough. The problem is more so controller bindings and memory cards. They reset to the latest ones because all 3 are directed to the Documets/PCSX2 folder, and thus, the same memcards/control bindings.

Overwriting each others save states is a bit annoying though, since they are crucial for when the game randomly crashes, so being able to rebind hotkeys for save states to each peripheral so that 1 person (which is me) doesn't have to manage them for 3 people would be great too. Separation of Save States (i.e. my SS1 isn't someone else's SS1) would be even better but obviously not necessary.

It's mainly the controller/memcard issue that's most annoying.

Sponsored links

(07-16-2014, 02:02 AM)TremorAcePV Wrote: My question is: Is there a way to make this easier to handle? Specifically, is there a way to modify where PCSX2 looks for this stuff so that everyone get's their own files effectively?

Bonus question: Can you rebind hotkeys like save state (F1) & load state (F3)?

If there were spoilers, and I knew how to use them, I would for the below.

This is the reason I want to know if this feature is possible/avaiable. This is just extra, and is not necessary to read:

I'm a fan of playing games with my friends/family on my PC. Finding multiplayer local games on PC is hard (I've tried). It's much easier on Console. Thus PCSX2.

Well, the particular game we were playing at one point was Yugioh: Duelist of the Roses. I opened 3 instances of PCSX2 (i.e. 3 consoles, 3 GUIs, and 3 games running at once). Hardware performance isn't a problem.

However, it is difficult to deal with. Every once in a while, the program crashes, but that isn't what is hard to deal with. Save states are shared, but that is ok too as 10 is more than enough. The problem is more so controller bindings and memory cards. They reset to the latest ones because all 3 are directed to the Documets/PCSX2 folder, and thus, the same memcards/control bindings.

Overwriting each others save states is a bit annoying though, since they are crucial for when the game randomly crashes, so being able to rebind hotkeys for save states to each peripheral so that 1 person (which is me) doesn't have to manage them for 3 people would be great too. Separation of Save States (i.e. my SS1 isn't someone else's SS1) would be even better but obviously not necessary.

It's mainly the controller/memcard issue that's most annoying.

You could try having 3 portable versions of the emulator spread out in different locations.

Like one build is in on the desktop while another is in your documents folder and the final one is maybe in your c drive.

You just have to download the binary version.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
And as for remapping the save state keys see here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Changing-...#pid328122

You will need to do that for each of the 3 separate versions.

As far as the directories, I'd put them all in the same subdirectory like this:
Desktop/PCSX2/Bob
Desktop/PCSX2/Mary
Desktop/PCSX2/Mike

Where each persons name is a directory containing a portable install of PCSX2.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-16-2014, 02:16 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You could try having 3 portable versions of the emulator spread out in different locations.

Like one build is in on the desktop while another is in your documents folder and the final one is maybe in your c drive.

You just have to download the binary version.

Oh wow. I wish I'd realized that before making this post. Thanks a lot. That solves the major issues. I expect it will be less likely to crash as well (hopefully).

(07-16-2014, 01:40 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And as for remapping the save state keys see here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Changing-...#pid328122

You will need to do that for each of the 3 separate versions.

As far as the directories, I'd put them all in the same subdirectory like this:
Desktop/PCSX2/Bob
Desktop/PCSX2/Mary
Desktop/PCSX2/Mike

Where each persons name is a directory containing a portable install of PCSX2.

That is awesome. Thank you.

Cool. That's what I was going to do. And yes, I have that directory set up. It's how I managed the normal install of PCSX2. The portable version makes it a lot easier.

... However, when I go to Memcards in each of the portable versions of PCSX2, it still starts by directing me to %UserProfile%/Documents/PCSX2/Memcards. I can set it to look in the individuals folder, but I haven't checked if it switches back yet. I uninstalled PCSX2's non-portable version before setting up the portable ones.

We shall see. Thanks!
The portable version SHOULD look for it's memcards in it's own subdirectory. Make sure a "portable.ini" (content of it does not matter) exists in each installation directory.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD