Cannot Play PCSX2 with OpenGL
Could you post the actual emuLog.txt instead of a screenshot?
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64

Sponsored links

(07-13-2015, 01:13 PM)refraction Wrote: OK it looks like you need to update your graphics drivers. I presume from your RAM you are running 64 bit windows 8, so i will give you the same link i gave to another guy this morning. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...8-1-64-bit

Intel IGPUs only support OpenGL 4, not OpenGL 4.5
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
But the OP's problem is the emulator uses the iGPU when he selects the GTX 970m? Perhaps a problem related to optimus? I've never owned a computer with a nvidia mobile gpu and most of the information regarding issues I found was optimus related... lot of stuff from several years ago though...
Desktop:
Ryzen 7 5800X | MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R | MSI X570 unify | 32GB DDR4@3600 MHz (14-14-14-34) | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra
1TB + 2TB WD Black SN770 | Windows 11 Pro x64
(07-15-2015, 06:14 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Intel IGPUs only support OpenGL 4, not OpenGL 4.5

4.3 actually Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

On windows, Intel only really support 2.1. Sadly, driver has too much issues to use 3.x features.

Hum, nothing is coded to select the correct adapter from the GUI (might only impact open C L). Otherwise I confirm openGL will be fine with the Nvidia GPU. I don't know how it can be done to support optimus....
The adapter selection box only applies for the Direct3D renderers.

On Windows, GSdx only supports using OpenGL on the default device I think, at least for now. I don't know about Linux, I'm less familiar with X11 stuff. It might be possible to make it work using the WGL_AMD_gpu_association and WGL_NV_gpu_affinity extensions, but I don't know for sure.
I had this issue with my laptop which also uses optimus and an nvidia gtx 880m. I fixed it by setting pcsx2 to use the nvidia gpu as default in the nvidia control panel. Next instead of selecting the gpu in pcsx2's gsdx setting leave the adapter set to use "default hardware device". I was getting all the exact messages you were getting and this fixed it. I hate optimus it's very buggy. This is worth a shot so let me know if it works. This is how it should look (see 1st image). I can reproduce the issue on the fly if i remove pcsx2 from the nvidia control panel and simply selecting my nvidia gpu with the gsdx adapter option which is whats causing the issue. See my second image showing the exact issue you are experiencing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-15-2015, 05:43 AM)kioharumi Wrote: I Had update ALL MY DRIVERS... then, It still cannot be played with OpenGL!!
Please try my solution, it will work! Biggrin
(07-15-2015, 12:38 PM)turtleli Wrote: The adapter selection box only applies for the Direct3D renderers.

On Windows, GSdx only supports using OpenGL on the default device I think, at least for now. I don't know about Linux, I'm less familiar with X11 stuff. It might be possible to make it work using the WGL_AMD_gpu_association and WGL_NV_gpu_affinity extensions, but I don't know for sure.
Seriously Nvidia/Amd, is it so complicated to find a function to list and select a GPU...

Potentially you need the GLX equivalent function. Now there is a high probability that extensions don't even exist because I know that optimus support is quite bad.

Windows extensions
Quote:https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/NV...finity.txt
https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/AM...iation.txt

I found the amd version for linux but not sure Mesa support this kind of thing.
Quote:https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/AM...iation.txt
(07-15-2015, 01:58 PM)gregory Wrote: Seriously Nvidia/Amd, is it so complicated to find a function to list and select a GPU...

Potentially you need the GLX equivalent function. Now there is a high probability that extensions don't even exist because I know that optimus support is quite bad.

Windows extensions

I found the amd version for linux but not sure Mesa support this kind of thing.
It's quite bad indeed. Every program i run that uses opengl gives me issues especially micro stuttering. I'm building my new desktop and selling my msi gt70 laptop because of this bs. Nvidia needs to fix the optimus technology because it's a messWacko