Cannot configure GS plugin - failed to load
Hi guys, new member here.
I've had a search to see if there is a fix for the problem I am having with my PCSX2 but haven't found anything that works so far.
Whenever I try to configure any of my GS plugins (GSdx 4600: SSE2, 3 and 4) I get the error of "GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers".

I am running Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) and have DirectX11 installed. If I try to update, Microsoft advise me that I already have the most up to date version.

Hardware:
- AMD Athlon II X4 630 CPU, 2.80GHz
- 4GB RAM
- ATI Radeon 5450 graphics card

I need to adjust the GS plugin as all the games that I am trying are currently running at a very slow frame rate. Can anyone help a newcomer to get around these plugin errors?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

update your DX ( even if you think it is up to date )

and only use SSE2
maybe you wanna install that one here? Wink
(08-30-2011, 10:57 PM)xstyla Wrote: maybe you wanna install that one here? Wink
Thanks guys, I did try that one before. It installed OK but I'm still getting the error and very low FPS: could it be a BIOS issue?

(08-30-2011, 11:05 PM)WelshPaul Wrote: Thanks guys, I did try that one before. It installed OK but I'm still getting the error and very low FPS: could it be a BIOS issue?

OK because you can play it isn't DX/instruction related try with run as administrator
as abdo123 posted you can only run the SSE2 version. you could delete the other 2 cause they'll never work.

now for the fps "issue". what game you wanna play? what settings you're using? the default ones? have you tried any settings like speedhacks already? they explain themself how to use them in case you have questions about them. easy that is.

also simple as is that. try native resolution first cause your graphics card is a tad slow for a lotta high rated games (lol I have nearly the same but the highest performant)

if there's no changes whatsoever. just ask for help here. Smile
(08-30-2011, 11:19 PM)xstyla Wrote: as abdo123 posted you can only run the SSE2 version. you could delete the other 2 cause they'll never work.

now for the fps "issue". what game you wanna play? what settings you're using? the default ones? have you tried any settings like speedhacks already? they explain themself how to use them in case you have questions about them. easy that is.

also simple as is that. try native resolution first cause your graphics card is a tad slow for a lotta high rated games (lol I have nearly the same but the highest performant)

if there's no changes whatsoever. just ask for help here. Smile

he cannot access GSDX configuration menu

but he can run games

something is wrong

if you are using full installer try binaries : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program
(08-30-2011, 11:25 PM)abdo123 Wrote: he cannot access GSDX configuration menu but he can run games. something is wrong.

ahh ok. I didn't get that this' possible. I never had any admin nor installer issues. Wink
Microsoft oversecurity features stop PCSX2 from having access to his inis which may lead to this
I'll give the binaries a go and see what happens, thanks. Although I am not logged in as admin on this machine, I have already allowed Full Control permissions on the "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8" folder where all the files reside, so it shouldn't be a permissions issue.

Games tested so far:
Dragon Quest 8 (very graphic intensive it seems)
Simpsons Road Rage (an early PS2 game to use as a test)

Both suffer from FPS of approx 25.