Cannot create Save State
(02-06-2011, 01:12 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yourself could verify it in the log, but it's OK to post the log results here.

The CRC information is seen a few lines bellow the bold highlighted one about

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = ..... with the actual cdrom as seen by the emulator and the SLUS or SCUS or whatever the game's region.

That CRC is what is used for the sstate name and even for cheat pnaches and is given in hexadecimal "0x......." 8 digits where the dots and should not be all zeroes.

Hm, I got my hands on some ALTERNATIVE BIOS, just to see if that was the problem. And with those bios the save state was not all zeroes, but letters and crap. Although neither saving nor games worked, so I went back to me old bios.

Anyway
This is when I started the game, tried saving a bit in, failed, and closed the game.
here goes:

PCSX2 0.9.7.r3876 (modded) - compiled on Oct 5 2010
Savestate version: 0x8b4c0000

x86-32 Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 5
x86Family = Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
CPU speed = 2.930 ghz
Cores = 8 physical [8 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0098e3fd
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2

Allocating memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\gsdx-sse4-r3878.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (8.17.10.1059)
Binding PAD : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\lilypad-r3878.dll
Binding SPU2 : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\spu2-x-r3878.dll
Binding CDVD : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 8934 games on record (loaded in 212ms)
HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7600
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (8.17.10.1059)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Allocating memory for the PS2 virtual machine...
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen(DVD): D:\Dumpedump\Disgaea 2 CM.ISO ok.
The iso has 697568 blocks (size 2048).
The iso offset is 0, and the block offset is 24.
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (697568 sectors)
(IsoFS) Block 0x10: Primary partition info.
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Version 1.60
Load Bios Warning: rom1 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: rom2 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps
DecSet Write: 53
DecSet Write: 00
> Selected savestate slot 0
Saving savestate to slot 0...
filename: D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\sstates\00000000.000
Saving GS
Saving PAD
Saving SPU2
Saving CDVD
Saving USB
Saving FW
Saving DEV9
File could not be created or opened.(threadTongue2xThread)
File/Object: D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\sstates\00000000.000
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.

Sponsored links

Before anything else:

1- make sure you have "Iso" marked in the CDVD menu and not "Plugin"...
2- make sure you "Don't" have the ISO mounted anywhere, not on virtual CD/DVDs or in the physical drive tray and Not mounted in the gigaherz plugin too.
3- go to "Iso Selector" under the same CDVD menu and browse the actual ISO from there.
4- Start the game by the "Boot CDVD (fast)" as normal.

Special attention to NOT having the ISO mounted elsewhere. Report if it works or fail.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I believe number 4 suggestion from the last post is the one which will solve your problem Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Probably he has the ISO mounted onto the Gigaherz plugin and using the "Iso" option from the GUI, I didn't test the new official beta, from former releases it would crash the emulator from start...

To actually use the Plugin (if wanted), just change that "Iso" option to "Plugin" in the CDVD menu and indeed mount the ISO in the plugin. Just not use the internal DVD reader and have the actual ISO mounted elsewhere, this creates serious conflict issues.

PS: given the time span, probably the problem is already solved Smile and let's tell it's an obscure issue indeed, it's somewhat counter intuitive and misleading the internal DVD reader usage. Maybe a quick (and dirty) workaround could be implemented shutting down the CDVD plugin if "Iso" is selected.

PS2: hmm, I see your point refraction, the BIOS may confound the lecture in that case. I never thought by this view point, only the time gained bypassing its initialization.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Quote:PS: given the time span, probably the problem is already solved

Nope! Tongue Had to sleep.

Quote:1- make sure you have "Iso" marked in the CDVD menu and not "Plugin"...
I had ISO marked all along.

Quote:2- make sure you "Don't" have the ISO mounted anywhere, not on virtual CD/DVDs or in the physical drive tray and Not mounted in the gigaherz plugin too.

It's not mounted anywhere, the gigaherz plugin is set on "@: No disc"

Quote:3- go to "Iso Selector" under the same CDVD menu and browse the actual ISO from there.

Er, okay.

Quote:4- Start the game by the "Boot CDVD (fast)" as normal.
Done.

Now, the difference was that I got:
File could not be created or opened.(threadTongue2xThread)
File/Object: D:\Downloads\AAA Småskit\pcsx2-0.9.7-r3878-binaries\sstates\4D2CAC9D.001

A different number. But save states still does not work! : /
Try installing PCSX2 to a folder like "c:\pcsx2" instead of what you're using currently and see if it does any better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-06-2011, 10:34 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try installing PCSX2 to a folder like "c:\pcsx2" instead of what you're using currently and see if it does any better.

This is retarded. But it worked.

It might have been the re-installation or the folder, but it worked.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! xD
Registered just to say this, but I had the same problem. When I saw that your file directory had an 'å' in it I figured that could be the problem. And I realized I had a folder with an 'ä' letter in it. So just changing to a folder without any weird letters in it worked fine Wink