Cannot escape from fullscreen in PCSX2 Snapshot r5xx
(02-26-2009, 08:28 AM)Riz Wrote: It is OS discrimination... on MS's part. They deliberately decided not to backport DX10 to XP, so as to force gamers, one of the largest segments of the market, to buy Vista if they wanted the latest in graphics capabilities. Sucks, but there it is. I feel your pain though. There will never, ever be Vista on my machine. Win7 is still an open question.

But, aside from upgrading, what else is there to do? Can't they (the GSdx programmers) find a way to fix the fullscreen issues? Oh, and MS can go p*** up a rope for all I care.

Sponsored links

(02-26-2009, 08:39 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: But, aside from upgrading, what else is there to do?

Well... nothing, of course. You wait. You reported the issue. If it's fixable in general (as opposed to something that's uniquely broken in DX9), maybe it'll get fixed at some point. As users, we're really not in a position to ask any more of the devs than that.

On topic: With my setup, svn 609 and GSdx 890 in DX9 mode, if I config for full screen, escape does destroy the fullscreen graphics context and put me back on my desktop, but leaves the engine running (no messages to the console that it's saving state to memory and closing the GS thread, and sound continues to play) and it does not re-display the main app window... closing the console at that point shuts down the app. So at least I'm not getting stuck in full screen without any way to get out other than task manager, but it's obviously less than perfectly functional.
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz/6GB DDR-3-1600 8-8-8-24/ATI HD5770-1GB/Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
(02-26-2009, 08:17 AM)nintendo85 Wrote:
(02-26-2009, 08:09 AM)rama Wrote: Get Vista so you can use dx10, with that alt+enter works Tongue2

So, what you're saying is I should pay $150-$200 just to get Vista and use DX10 just so I can play PCSX2 in fullscreen without crashing? It's not my intention to sound rude (the last time I "offended" someone on a forum, I got banned, so please try to understand that I'm not trying to p*** someone off; offending someone is the LAST thing I want to do), but personally, I don't think it's worth the time or money to do all that to play PCSX2. Won't future releases eventually fix it? I mean, aside from upgrading, I'm pretty much SOL'ed? It almost seems like OS discrimination. That just makes no sense to me whatsoever.

You get the added bonus of lots less bugs in dx10 mode and it'll be a bit faster in some games.
The price of the OS is really not an issue. There are enough ways to get it for free (and no, I'm not talking of piracy!).
Even if that doesn't work for you, then you can use the Win7 beta.

I'm merely showing you options here. If you want to keep using your OS then you gotta live with the problems it brings..
Use alt + enter?
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
(02-28-2009, 05:01 PM)Cody900 Wrote: Use alt + enter?

Alt+Enter doesn't work in XP AFAIK. You just hear the classic, yet lame XP error sound (the *dunk!* sound). In Vista apparently you can use the hotkey. MS needs to fix it with a quick hotfix; either that the Devs will hopefully come up with a bugfix release. Then again, I highly doubt any of these issues will be resolved any time soon.