Cannot escape from fullscreen in PCSX2 Snapshot r5xx
Okay, where do I start? Running a PS2 game in full screen mode makes PS2 games look very clear and crisp, not to mention the framerate isn't affected at all, thus making it a theoretically awesome experience. But here's what I'm confused about; why is it that I can't press "Escape" (or at least minimize) PCSX2 while in full screen mode? The next thing I tried was I pressed ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager and tried to force it to shut down, but all it shows is the manager flickering (while the emulator is still running) and have to guess which one is "pcsx2-r592.exe". There is no way to exit it from fullscreen as far as I can see. Is this supposed to happen? I know my hardware may not be the best, but it's sufficient to run PCSX2 snapshot r592 with few problems. What the crap is going on here? This happens no matter what resolution I set it to. 800x600, 1024x768, etc. They all screw up in fullscreen.

Current specs and settings:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
Video: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 (w/latest drivers)
RAM: 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM

Emulator: PCSX2 Snapshot r592
GPU: GSdx 1.14

Sponsored links

enable "misc->close gs window on esc". Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(02-26-2009, 06:05 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: enable "misc->close gs window on esc". Smile

Yeah, just checked the menu and it already is on....this is freaking me out. Even with it on, it still doesn't help.
oh yea i forgot that 1) you said fullscreen and 2) that i had tried that before on fullscreen and it didn't work (had to do the same thing of ctrl-alt-delete)

so the best thing you could do is click "ctrl-alt-delete" before running the game, then when you wanna get out, you just do alt-tab (probably it'll crash gsdx) Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit

(02-26-2009, 06:56 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: oh yea i forgot that 1) you said fullscreen and 2) that i had tried that before on fullscreen and it didn't work (had to do the same thing of ctrl-alt-delete)

so the best thing you could do is click "ctrl-alt-delete" before running the game, then when you wanna get out, you just do alt-tab (probably it'll crash gsdx) Closedeyes

Hmmm. Let me try that and see what happens....

Edit 1: Yep, I switched back to the task manager and then back to PCSX2; Windows doesn't like it, so it crashed. Crap.
Well a weird thing is, I had Visual Studio on here (I used for compiling PCSX2 SVNs, etc, and it tells me something about a Visual Studio 2008 debugger that didn't load, since I deleted it, and crashed).

Edit 2: This is what I see when I go back and forth: [Image: bullcrap.jpg]
Should've never installed that POS.
as i said it's a crash that happens in gsdx (just because of minimizing the window even if you didn't explicitly minimize it) Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit

(02-26-2009, 07:25 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: as i said it's a crash that happens in gsdx (just because of minimizing the window even if you didn't explicitly minimize it) Closedeyes

So, we just hope that the next version will resolve it? And I still think that error message is weird. I can wait.
Get Vista so you can use dx10, with that alt+enter works Tongue2
(02-26-2009, 08:09 AM)rama Wrote: Get Vista so you can use dx10, with that alt+enter works Tongue2

So, what you're saying is I should pay $150-$200 just to get Vista and use DX10 just so I can play PCSX2 in fullscreen without crashing? It's not my intention to sound rude (the last time I "offended" someone on a forum, I got banned, so please try to understand that I'm not trying to p*** someone off; offending someone is the LAST thing I want to do), but personally, I don't think it's worth the time or money to do all that to play PCSX2. Won't future releases eventually fix it? I mean, aside from upgrading, I'm pretty much SOL'ed? It almost seems like OS discrimination. That just makes no sense to me whatsoever.
It is OS discrimination... on MS's part. They deliberately decided not to backport DX10 to XP, so as to force gamers, one of the largest segments of the market, to buy Vista if they wanted the latest in graphics capabilities. Sucks, but there it is. I feel your pain though. There will never, ever be Vista on my machine. Win7 is still an open question.
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz/6GB DDR-3-1600 8-8-8-24/ATI HD5770-1GB/Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit