Cannot find cheats problem
Hello, I am currently trying to use a few cheats for final fantasy Xii without any form of success. All I get is "no cheats found, running without".
The thing is i have made the appropriate changes to the .pnach put it in the correct folder(according to all other posts I've looked in) but still nothing (yes, the crc is correct(78DA0252)) my only last guess is that the program itself reads cheats from somewhere else... any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored links

You also have to make sure they are for the version of the game you have. For example, a PAL code will not work on an NTSC version of the game and vise verse. Also, make sure the line with the cheat/cheats is not commented out (i.e. make sure it doesnt have // in front of it/them. The correct folder would be the \cheats folder in the root directory of where PCSX2 is installed, not in My Documents.
Go to PCSX2 folder and look if you read pcsx2.exe instead PCSX2 if is this last, then your xyz.pnach is actually xyz.pnach.txt. If that's the case you need to force windows to show the extension for known files. At Windows 7 navigate till the View tab under the organize menu, at Windows 8 do it directly from the View menu.

Assuming you have the pnach file at the correct directory as yourself stated (better if had given the address at once and prevent doubts).
Imagination is where we are truly real
For incresing fps ee recomplier to 2 and vu to 3 and enable first for speed hacks and use native resolution
The codes should be in the PAL-e version since that is the one i took from the codes thread, and my game is the same. the folder is the one it installed into C:\Games\PCSX2 1.0.0\cheats (not program(x86) since it could prevent it from working) and the extensions are .exe and .pnach
the one i'm testing to see if i got it working is:
//Max Gil after shopping/saving
patch=1,EE,203248B4,word,1000000A

thanks for the quick replies
(04-09-2013, 02:40 PM)therevenger Wrote: The codes should be in the PAL-e version since that is the one i took from the codes thread, and my game is the same. the folder is the one it installed into C:\Games\PCSX2 1.0.0\cheats (not program(x86) since it could prevent it from working) and the extensions are .exe and .pnach
the one i'm testing to see if i got it working is:
//Max Gil after shopping/saving
patch=1,EE,203248B4,word,1000000A

thanks for the quick replies

The OP message tells the emulator is not finding the pnach file, there is yet another thing you may try and which have benefits at long run.

Create an empty txt file inside PCSX2 folder (not inside inis folder) and rename it to portable.ini and rerun the emulator.

That probably will get you once again into the config wizard but if you keep everything under PCSX2 folder structure it will grant the emulator becomes really portable. At least it will grant PCSX2 will be looking inside it's own folder structure.

PS: If needed, move the PCSX2 folder content from the Documents folder into the emulator's folder (like the bios, cheats, sstate and memcards folders).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Sadly it didn't work. Seems wierd that it still says no cheats found as as i read in another post if it finds the folder with a correct crc.pnach should put out that it was found. may this be because i made an .ISO out of my own disc?
You aren't, by any chance, using the '0x' in front of the CRC when you name it? If so, that should be removed. For example, the CRC in the console window might read '0x0643F90C' but when you name your pnach, you would name it 0643F90C.pnach, leaving out the '0x'.
As was stated in the original post 78DA0252 is the CRC i'm using or trying to, have also tried by state saving to see if it differs, wich it does but to 00000000 wich makes no sense and doen't work either unfortunatly.
Hmmm, this is definitely puzzling for the fact that it could be a blank file and PCSX2 would still recognize it if named and placed correctly. I would suggest going back through, one step at a time. Make sure the folder is named Cheats and not simply Cheat without the s and that it is definitely in the same folder as the PSCX2 executable. I know some of this may sound contrived to you, but you'd be surprised some of the simple things that can overlooked and I'm just trying to help. Smile