Cannot get ISO or disks to load
Ubuntu 13.04 w/ KDE 4.10. Installed and set PCSX2 up, setup controller, everything looks ok. Program boots up fine, no error messages. The problem begins when I try to load a game. I put FFVII in the CDROM and mounted it. I know it's reading, as I can see it in the files in the Konsole. When I click on CDVD, the button says "No Disk". I've tried other games, same result. I even tried an ISO of FFVII (legal, as I own the physical game). Nothing happens. The PCSX2 screen still sits blue with the logo. Been messing with it for hours now, I'm pretty certain I'm overlooking something simple. Please help.

There is an attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

This should be pretty much same as on windows so select "Iso" under CDVD menu for games to boot from iso selector;p, while the option is on "NoDisc" only the bios will load, and while it's on plugin it'll load whatever you selected in cdvd plugin. Also instead of "mounting dvd image" load the dvd image itself >.> there's no reason for using virtual drives for pcsx2 at all.
(07-22-2013, 02:48 AM)miseru99 Wrote: This should be pretty much same as on windows so select "Iso" under CDVD menu for games to boot from iso selector;p, while the option is on "NoDisc" only the bios will load, and while it's on plugin it'll load whatever you selected in cdvd plugin. Also instead of "mounting dvd image" load the dvd image itself >.> there's no reason for using virtual drives for pcsx2 at all.

No dice. Still does nothing.
FF7 is a PS1 game, therefore you need a ps1 emulator. There is pcsx-r(eloaded) in the repos or me personally, I use pSX emulator and run the Windows version in Wine, as I've had best results in Armored Core using that emulator. PCSX-R has an emulated BIOS so you should be fine there. Emulated BIOS will not run games such as Dragon Warrior 7.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti