Cannot get Widescreen patches to work!
Hey guys, well basically my issue is that i cannot get any widescreen patches to work. At all. I've followed the guide, but none of them are actually triggering. The debug window is saying the widescreen patches are loaded, but its still in 4:3 resolution. I'm on the latest dev build of PCSX2.

Basically, ive extracted them and put them in the "cheats_ws" folder. All the files are there. I go into the GS window settings and enable 16:9 widescreen. I tick "Enable widescreen patches" and when i boot up a game, the debug window says "Widescreen patches found, 16 cheats loaded" for example. Yet it isnt 16:9. I can swap the window from 16:9 to 4:3 and the window shrinks, but the actual game doesnt, if you see what i mean. Im at a loss of what to do here :/

Sponsored links

Changing from 16:9 to 4:3 isn't supposed to do anything else than shrink the window. A widescreen hack works regardless of the PCSX2 aspect ratio setting, so if you enable a widescreen hack in 4:3, you should notice that the characters/objects appear thinner and you can see more to the sides than before.

It could be that the widescreen patch doesn't work. What games and where did you get the widescreen hack from?
Take a screenshot with the patches on and off, to make sure it isn't just you not noticing it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi, thanks for the help so far! http://i.imgur.com/Ef1NWrj.jpg Here is a screenshot of Kingdom hearts with the patches full on removed form the Cheats_ws folder and "Widescreen Patches" unticked. http://i.imgur.com/vmFvjlK.jpg Here is a screenshot with the patches added to the Cheats_ws folder and widescreen patches enabled. The debug console also says its found and loaded the widescreeen patch for Kingdom hearts this time...but it obviously hasnt :/

This is also happening to Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII and eveyr other game i try :/ The debug console says the patches are loaded but they obviously are not. I got the widescreen patch from the archive supplied with PCSX2. I also tried the offical forum post thing which gives the same archive. This worked for me when i tried PCSX2 last year but it refuses to work now.
The widescreen cheats of those games should alread work straight form the cheats_ws.zip in the PCSX2 folder. What happens when you enable the widescreen hacks with the pnach files removed from the cheats_ws folder?
(03-18-2016, 04:44 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The widescreen cheats of those games should alread work straight form the cheats_ws.zip in the PCSX2 folder. What happens when you enable the widescreen hacks with the pnach files removed from the cheats_ws folder?

Alright well i removed those and tried again. I get the same thing. It looks identical to the other screenshots and the debug window says its loaded the patches. I'll pase what is actually in the debug window:

Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
Loading patch '0F6B6315.pnach' from archive 'C:\Users\Rasral\Documents\PCSX2\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-465-g490cb75-windows-x86\cheats_ws.zip'
comment: Widescreen patch by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000 )
(Wide Screen Cheats DB) Patches Loaded: 16
Just tried again with Final Fantasy X and sitll no luck. This is driving me up the wall :/ Nothing i do seems to be working. As far as i know im doing everything the same as eveyrone else yet it refuses to work for me.
Press F6 to change aspect ratio.
(03-18-2016, 08:33 PM)Devina Wrote: Press F6 to change aspect ratio.

Tried cycling through those and none of them change the actual aspect ratio, just the window size. I still see everything in 4:3.
I remember FFXII's widescreen hack not working for me either some time ago. Not sure if that still happens. Haven't tried FFX.