Cannot get game to load =[
Hello, I'm posting regarding my problems with Pcsx2, specifically, version 0.9.6.

I will give all information that I can in hopes to find a solution to this nonsense! I've been up for 2 hours fiddling with this and still cannot get it to work for me.

I do not know if it's needed yet but I have Daemon Tools to mount my ISO game "Thrill Kill". My Cd rom drive is broken =[

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Procesor 4200+
2.0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

I'm 99% positive the ISO works and it's a simple configuration problem. My Plugins and Bios are set to the default folders in C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\plugins and \bio respectfully.

Yes I have the Bios, I believe the correct ones o.0 and yes I run in Administrator.

Ok....now the problem is really everywhere Tongue I guess I'll start with my latest discovery. A moment ago I put my Cdvdrom to "Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0" from there I hit ok and loaded the CD. A blank box and an error pops up, the error talks about failing to initialize the XAudio2 engine and some nonsense. But after I click ok I see Sony Computer Entertainment (no sound) and then blackness....

This may piss you guys off but according from the readme in the folder of my ISO there is an error with the game and it is required to hold X and [] for 5 seconds and then the game starts. I set Lillypad with 2 keys for X and [] and tried this at the black screen, however, this proved a waste of time.

When I don't use Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin I get a Error opening CDVD plugin.

All I want to do is play Thrill kill so hopefully you awesome people can help! I'm going to bed right now and will probably respond tomorrow.

Thanks in advanced!

Sponsored links

Quick question, how did you rip your game if your cd rom is broken?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Quote:This may piss you guys off but according from the readme in the folder of my ISO there is an error with the game and it is required to hold X and [] for 5 seconds and then the game starts.

You won't get support here for shady pirated ISOs. If you want us to help, get the actual game. For all we know this could be a crippled ISO causing all the trouble.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
No I have the game. But my cd rom is broken so see my problem? I can't rip it myself. I thought it was still legal to get ISOs of games you own?
Well it's not, sorry.

Besides.... as far as I remember this was a PSX game not a PS2 one, and it was cancelled... so how can you own it?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It is in fact a cancelled PSX game for which only various leaked bootlegs are available (some more buggy than others). PCSX2 does not emulate PSX games, and we do not support bootlegs of games here, whether you paid someone for a physical copy of it or not. (ie, it's still a bootleg)

This thread gets a score of 734 on the Retard-o-Meter.

Thread closed.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team