Cannot go above 30-35 fps on Dirge Of Ceberus: FF VII
I just get the fealing that my system should be more than capable of running this game at full capacity, or at least 40-50 fps
OS: Arch Linux x86_64 (linux-ck-bulldozer 3.12.10-2) dual boot with Win7 Ultimate x86_64
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 (MS-7693) UEFI
CPU: AMD FX-6300 hex-core @ 3.5ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] w/ up to date drivers linux and windows
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600mhz
Gamepads: 4 DS3 pads connected via bluetooth linux and windows

Sponsored links

If you're sure of it, then share your settings once you achieved to get this.
Everyone around here is telling you that CPU won't cut it. Especially with the linux version.
it requires quite a hefty CPU to make it work with the windows version @ full speed. Provided the linux version is not as well optimized as the windows version, I let you imagine how hard it can be to get playable fps for you...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-31-2014, 03:57 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: AVX is not available for Linux version.

If you compile it manually and set the appropriate CFLAGS it should be able to use AVX in theory (provided the CPU supports it of course). Although, perhaps the Windows version has handwritten avx support or something, I don't know, in which case it wouldn't work.

OP:
Regarding performance for the Linux version, you could also use profiled guided optimisation in the past for ZZOgl for a decent speedup, although it didn't work with any of the other PCSX2 components, and I can't speak for GSDX either. This will require that you compile it yourself and it is a bit of an effort to get working.

Lastly you might want to try the Windows version with Wine + the GSDX D3D9 plugin + CSMT patchset (Wine patch). It may well run better than the native Linux version, but the game will need to be supported by the somewhat buggy GSDX D3D9.
(02-04-2014, 12:51 AM)jesalvein Wrote: If you're sure of it, then share your settings once you achieved to get this.
Everyone around here is telling you that CPU won't cut it. Especially with the linux version.
it requires quite a hefty CPU to make it work with the windows version @ full speed. Provided the linux version is not as well optimized as the windows version, I let you imagine how hard it can be to get playable fps for you...
Its playable, just not too smoothly, and I miss out on the good audio.
(02-08-2014, 06:55 AM)scix Wrote: If you compile it manually and set the appropriate CFLAGS it should be able to use AVX in theory (provided the CPU supports it of course). Although, perhaps the Windows version has handwritten avx support or something, I don't know, in which case it wouldn't work.

OP:
Regarding performance for the Linux version, you could also use profiled guided optimisation in the past for ZZOgl for a decent speedup, although it didn't work with any of the other PCSX2 components, and I can't speak for GSDX either. This will require that you compile it yourself and it is a bit of an effort to get working.

Lastly you might want to try the Windows version with Wine + the GSDX D3D9 plugin + CSMT patchset (Wine patch). It may well run better than the native Linux version, but the game will need to be supported by the somewhat buggy GSDX D3D9.
Maybe I will try the wine bit... and where can I get the AVX source? (and also, what is AVX in this context?)
OS: Arch Linux x86_64 (linux-ck-bulldozer 3.12.10-2) dual boot with Win7 Ultimate x86_64
AVX is a plugin option for GSdx. It is designed for a better software mode experience, but it is for Windows version at this time.

Regarding Wine...Wine after all these years is neither Directx10 or 11 compliant. All you have is DirectX9. So Current versions of Windows installer will try to pull latest DirectX version but it will fail. The latest version I could get Wine to work with is the old 0.9.7 beta for Windows.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

If you have the nvidia driver you can try to "force-enable" the GL_ARB_shader_subroutine extensions on GSdx linux (advance tab of the gui). It can help on some scene but could also down the emulation.
(02-09-2014, 05:10 PM)gregory Wrote: If you have the nvidia driver you can try to "force-enable" the GL_ARB_shader_subroutine extensions on GSdx linux (advance tab of the gui). It can help on some scene but could also down the emulation.

I'm checking out the svn repo right now, gonna see if I can build it with the sse4 or avx... I'll report my findings if I manage to do it.
(02-08-2014, 06:55 AM)scix Wrote: If you compile it manually and set the appropriate CFLAGS it should be able to use AVX in theory (provided the CPU supports it of course). Although, perhaps the Windows version has handwritten avx support or something, I don't know, in which case it wouldn't work.

OP:

What would be the proper CFLAG's in this case?
(02-09-2014, 03:23 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Regarding Wine...Wine after all these years is neither Directx10 or 11 compliant. All you have is DirectX9. So Current versions of Windows installer will try to pull latest DirectX version but it will fail. The latest version I could get Wine to work with is the old 0.9.7 beta for Windows.

PCSX2 1.0.0 works for me, but newer revision want VC++ 2013 runtimes which don't seem to work with Wine at the moment (even with the Windows native versions). D3D10 and 11 support for Wine are under development but yeah, it's going to be some time. There have been some recent commits for D3D10 which suggest that it's starting to become more active again.

The D3D9 renderer is still a better option for the games that work well for it, at least on weaker systems. You can get away with zzogl on better hardware.

The linux version of GSDX never seems to work for me, especially the hardware renderer. There is always one issue or another; usually segaults or other issues that make it completely unusable.

ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote:What would be the proper CFLAG's in this case?

Simply using -march=native should be enough provided your gcc version is recent enough for your CPU. But be aware that this is compiler generated and I believe the PCSX2 use of AVX is hand coded so it may not have the same performance benefit.
Quote: The linux version of GSDX never seems to work for me, especially the hardware renderer. There is always one issue or another; usually segaults or other issues that make it completely unusable.
We miss dev but we also miss tester. Latest GSdx must be usable on Nvidia hardware, however on AMD that another story. GSdx opengl has lots of potential. If you have an nvidia GPU, see youself the nice Persona 3 shadows or others DATE effect Wink