Cannot play GTA:SA!!!
To all the people out here...
I get an error when I play GTA SA on PCSX2...

The emulog.txt file is:-
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 4
x86Family = Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
CPU speed = 2.802 Ghz
Cores = 1 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000441d
x86EFlags = 00000000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 2.0

rom1 NOT FOUND

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff

Screenshots below...

Sponsored links

Why you want to play GTAWackoA on an emulator if you can play it for real on the PC?

And btw, your CPU is really weak for emulation
Update your DirectX... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Also I would recommend you to buy GTA: SA to the PC since that would not only perform better, but also would allow you to download a multiplayer mod which allows you to play online. Playing GTA: SA online is so much more fun than playing it alone.
(07-04-2009, 12:49 PM)Aemony Wrote: Update your DirectX... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Also I would recommend you to buy GTA: SA to the PC since that would not only perform better, but also would allow you to download a multiplayer mod which allows you to play online. Playing GTA: SA online is so much more fun than playing it alone.

I know...and I have the PC game too...but I feel that the graphics on PS2 are better.....thanks buddy...
(07-07-2009, 07:39 AM)prasad_rockz Wrote:
(07-04-2009, 12:49 PM)Aemony Wrote: Update your DirectX... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

I know...and I have the PC game too...but I feel that the graphics on PS2 are better.....thanks buddy...

Dude, what the hell? On the PS2 version trees and buildings don't appear around you unless you're a couple of meters away. You're better off playing the PC version.

As the other people pointed out, your CPU isn't fast enough. It might have 2 logical cores, but as a rule of thumb, Pentium 4's don't perform well in PCSX2.
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.81GHz [Windsor] w/ Noctua NH-C12P
Asus Xonar D2 w/ Logitech Z-5500
e-VGA 8800GTS 640MB 513/792 stock ; 720/1080 o/c
Corsair XMS2 1GB DDR2 PC6400 x2
Western Digital 500GB 16MB cache x2
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit
Yeah seriously, graphics on the PC version are faaaaaaar better.
Okay suggesting "Dont bother, play the PC version" type responses are starting to get annoying, it does NOT solve the OP's problem and isnt always a solution, it's just fortunate in this case the guy has the PC version as well. Maybe he just prefers the feel of the console version, maybe in some wierd circumstance he isnt just a pirate who wants a free PS2 and actually is INTERESTED in emulation and seeing it work, ever think of that?

Anyway prasad_rockz: Update your directx as instructed above, thats what that error is telling you. If the emulator still doesnt work, there is an issue loading the actual game disk/image.

If you have the image mounted with daemon tools, unmount it, then use the linuziso plugin to point to the iso file.
If you are running from the original disc, make an iso using Imgburn or Nero or Alcohol 120%, then use linuziso plugin to load it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-07-2009, 01:05 PM)refraction Wrote: Okay suggesting "Dont bother, play the PC version" type responses are starting to get annoying

I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I just don't understand why someone would want to play the PS2 version instead of the PC version. It's not about the PC being a superior platform, it's about getting the best experience in such or such game. I would totally understand a person who would want to play a different version to get more out of a game, like graphics, contents, the ability to play the game on the net, etc.

Again, I never meant to discourage him from using PCSX2; I was merely directing him towards the easiest choice.

@prasad_rockz: What's your graphics card, by the way?
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit
(07-07-2009, 04:14 PM)Waro Wrote: I just don't understand why someone would want to play the PS2 version of the PC version.

Some people feel these types of games should be played with a control pad like the PS2 one, but don't have one for the PC, so prefer playing it on the console Smile Graphical supremecy isn't everything. and FYI the GTA games are made for the playstation in mind, they are then modified for the PC, same with the Need for Speed games, which is why the menus are so keyboard friendly.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-07-2009, 04:29 PM)refraction Wrote: FYI the GTA games are made for the playstation in mind, they are then modified for the PC, same with the Need for Speed games, which is why the menus are so keyboard friendly.

True that. I've had my share of unoptimized console ports. Wink
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit