Cannot render at 1080p - Help!
I can see an actual improvement in the 4x version, but it's not huge like it should be. It seems the game has a weird built-in blur filter or something. Perhaps try the skipdraw hacks located under gsdx hardware hacks? Start off at 1 and if that doesn't do anything, try 2 and then 3, etc. If that doesn't do anything, try some of the other HW hacks.

Sponsored links

(11-15-2013, 10:16 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Looks pretty normal to me except compression artifacts everywhere from jpg.

For comparison shots, best to save as PNG for loessless.

Edit: You've not toggled FXAA on have you?

I actually did save it in PNG, but after realizing there's not much difference between the PNG and JPG versions I decided to post the JPG version. How can you say that looks 'normal' in 4x? It looks terrible, lol! I've seen the game in 1080p before and that is definitely no where near HD quality.
(11-15-2013, 10:34 PM)Tangsta Wrote: I actually did save it in PNG, but after realizing there's not much difference between the PNG and JPG versions I decided to post the JPG version. How can you say that looks 'normal' in 4x? It looks terrible, lol! I've seen the game in 1080p before and that is definitely no where near HD quality.

Maybe because my eyes are bad and I missed my eye appointment today?(seriously)

But there is definite improvement between the versions, as NarooN said. I'll post a comparison of my own in a second.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Here is the "normal" difference between native and 4x. I don't have DQ8 ripped, so this is from Xenosaga which I'm currently playing. Also these are 1440x900 which is my monitor's max res:

Native:
[attachment=46646]

4x:
[attachment=46645]
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I think i know what the issue is.

Have you gotten all the way in game? Because i think thats a prerendered cutscene. I just played through it and it looked terrible, Until after the mouse ran up to the cursed king, Than everything got nice and crispy HD
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(11-15-2013, 10:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Here is the "normal" difference between native and 4x. I don't have DQ8 ripped, so this is from Xenosaga which I'm currently playing. Also these are 1440x900 which is my monitor's max res:

Native:

4x:

Yep, and I can see a huge difference here, so my eyes are working. Smile

With my screenshots, trust me when I say those artifacts you see are not from the image compression. It really does look that bad in game. The PNG version of the image is at least 2mb, and the upload limit here is 1mb.
Have you gotten past that in game? Like have you gotten to a point where you can move your character, because i am fairly certain that is prerendered
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(11-15-2013, 10:58 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I think i know what the issue is.

Have you gotten all the way in game? Because i think thats a prerendered cutscene. I just played through it and it looked terrible, Until after the mouse ran up to the cursed king, Than everything got nice and crispy HD

Holy moly mackaroni! Yep, that did the trick!

That is the strangest thing! I think what really threw me off was the low-res text, you'd think despite the pre-rendered cutscenes the resolution of the text and text boxes would be amped up as well - is there any way I can make the text look better?

Anyway, the game seems to be running in 1080p now, thanks heaps for that!

Also thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, much appreciated!
ah yes, those screenshots you posted are from a video, we cannot do anything about videos, they are as they are, they do not upscale, the rest of the game will look fine in 4x native.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-15-2013, 11:47 PM)refraction Wrote: ah yes, those screenshots you posted are from a video, we cannot do anything about videos, they are as they are, they do not upscale, the rest of the game will look fine in 4x native.

Excuse my ignorance but would it be possible/feasible to make an option to switch to native pixel ratio on prerendered scenes?