Cannot run PS2 DVD Game
I was able to perform all the required steps to run the emulator properly, I am running it on a Macbook pro with snowleopard. I obtained the BIOS from my own system and it ran well on my Mac. the only issue i am having is that i cannot play any games. I pop a dvd into the drive and nothing. it just goes directly to the PS2 OS and does nothing more. If any one can please help me into trying to get the games to run. I Have followed all the legal steps. I just want this to work so i can bring my mac to school and while im waiting between classes just play some games. my cdvd configuration is Linuz iso..... And i do not know how to select the dvd drive from there.

Sponsored links

Linuz ISO plugin loads .iso images only. If you want to use that cdvd plugin, you'll have to create a .iso image of your PS2 disc. Not sure about any software that can do that on a Mac, but I'd imagine there should be an equivalent to ImgBurn or something.

Otherwise, you can change the cdvd plugin to something like Gigahertz plugin, which allows you to select a drive to load from disc.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-12-2009, 10:08 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Otherwise, you can change the cdvd plugin to something like Gigahertz plugin, which allows you to select a drive to load from disc.

And where may I find this plugin?
If you have s3x with me you'll live forever!!! Biggrin

There are no plugins for pcsx2/mac with direct dvd support, only isos
Oh damn, will there be plugins eventuallly?

Hm, as i'm the only guy writing/porting plugins for mac, and a cdvd plugin for mac has to be written from scratch, i'd say don't hold your breath for it soon. I still have some significant performance issues to root out and try to keep up with wxWidgets development. And considering that most of my games are old dvd's, it's much faster to run them as isos so I'm not too keen Smile
Coolio, I made an .iso now (thanks for the help on that one), dd was amazingly easy to use.

No fair play man you have done an outstanding job so far, im so close to playing ff12 on my mac thanks to you.