Cannot run pcsx2 at all
That "how to run" is outdated now, that's why it's closed.
What you are missing is the actual x11 package, you'll need to install xQuartz, check out http://pcsx2mac.net/guide/

Sponsored links

but.. but what?! I've been running GIMP in x11 since last year! *sigh* back to the install.

EDIT: Okay, so that's version 2.6.1, right?

YES. It's up! Now... to configure my control scheme...
*chews lip* Okay, so I've got the program running, but now when I start a new game in my iso file, the window closes. The message in bash is the following from when I open the game and get as far as 'new game'.

Code:
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
ZZogl: render target null, no constraints. Ignoring
pcsx2.sh: line 2:  2141 Segmentation fault      ./pcsx2

I THINK that the last three lines appear when the game crashes, but I can't be sure. (it's .hack//infection, by the way.) Is there a problem with running said game on 0.9.6 for Mac?
Quote:Well. How rude. I see from your profile that you're using Windows 7. In that case, what are you doing trolling in the OSX forum? You don't seem to have any other posts here, from what I saw of your post history, so why did you choose my topic to be rude in?

as an OSX Religious fanatic, you WOULD choose to see it that way.

Its not Rude, its Reality. You don't know what your doing with the basics, and its no body's job or duty here to guide you through it.

Now, go and learn how to use cairo and terminal and them come back when you're up to the task.

Emulation requires education.