Cant run GT 4
Brick 
Hi my pc specs are as follows

CPU Amd Athlon 2 x4 3Ghz
Gpu Ati 4850 hd
Ram 4Gb Ddr3
etc

First off when i want to configure pcsx2 i cant select SSE 3 or SSE 4
under CPU options as the program tells me my cpu doesn't support SSE 3 or SSE 4 and im prity sure it does.

if i select sse 2 and start a game (Grand tourismo 4) at first the menu is fine but as soon as i want to race the problems begin first the frame rate drops very low and the game stars to lagg and when it gets to the point of rendering the cars and track the the screen goes all wacky with funky coulors and verry laggy sound but you cant make out anything on the screen.

Any ideas? Blink

Sponsored links

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Thanks for the input.
But the problem still remains that when i use SSE2 the game screws out.
Any idea what might be the cause?
And i forgot to mention that im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
It's very demanding game use all speedhacks.
Simulators are CPU intensive, it is true for PC games, not lesser true in PS2 games or any other platform...

Just it is a pain to emulate a simulator when the emulation itself is already a CPU hungry monster.
Imagination is where we are truly real
amdark: Lower the brightness in game (press start in game, change it in options) this should fix most of the graphics issues.

That said, it won't fix the slow gameplay. Your PC is just too slow for this game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
you should upgrade your computer
you better play time trial instead of any race. because in time trial there is only your car so there is less lag.
Just cant believe that my CPU isn't powerful enough. what is the recommended rig to run all PS 2 games smoothly??? i only want to play grand Tourismo 4 maybe some Tekken! johnho2000 what do u recommend i upgrade to?is there anybody out there that can run grand tourismo 4 smoothly? If so what system do you have? How do i use the speedhacks???
(04-08-2011, 08:51 AM)Game Wrote: It's very demanding game use all speedhacks.

and how do i do that?Blink
To run all PS2 ever made smoothly without any slowdowns ever? Maybe a 6+ghz ivy bridge processor.

An intel CPU at 5ghz+ should be fine most of the time for nearly all games Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]