Cant watch cinematics in FFX
Sad 
Hey, I've downloaded all according to your guide on how to get PCSX2 running, and I have finally managed to run FFX at 60fps. However, whenever I use AAx16 or any other AA for that matter, I cant watch the cinematics. At 8 and 16, I just get a white screen, at 2 and 4 I get a horribly distorted thing that can only be called a movie because there are random colored pixles flying around.

Im using ZEROGS 0.97.0. Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried using GSDx, various versions, but even though I can watch movies in these, they dont have AA, loads of geography is missing (ye, i checked the boxes with interlacing, ffx, bla bla) and the fps jumps from 20fps to 400fps, which makes it unplayabe.

My current work around is just saving before cinema, turning AA off, and load. However, this is quite annoying and time consuming. Is there another fix for this?

Sponsored links

gsdx does use AA (internal resoulution option), just set a high resolution and it'll count as AA. for the fast speed just set the framelimit option in "config->cpu" to limit. Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I have the same problem with cinematics in FFX. I can only assume this is a known problem and depending on the game, the cinematics will work or not. The cinematics in RE:Code Veronica X work just fine.

In my case, I see big checker pattern blocks of random colors blocking parts of the screen. I can still see parts of the CG while other parts are obscured.

Unless there's a known fix, I'll tinker with it to see if I can improve it.
Phenom II 965 oc 3.9Ghz, ATI 5870, 4 Gigs RAM, Win7-64
Hi there guys, I am having a similar issue here... With FFX the game is all sweet using ZeroGS 0.97.1 except that all cinematics are showing as a total mess (all checkered blocks of fuzzy pixels). when using the latest GSDX version (or all of them as I recall) the ingame output id missing almost ALL geometry BUT cinematics are GREAT!!!!

What could be the issue here, I have tried to look on older threads relating to FFX and GSDX video plugin having distorted ingame gfx errors without luck.

FFXII plays like a dream though I must say, no issues, all gfx look great and framerate is good too ~50fps allround!

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86
4GB 667 RAM
ATI X1950Pro 512
PCSX2 PG latest
PCSX2 latest snapshot (last week)
Vista Ultimate SP1 x86

Thanks guys, great job here!!!!!
Check Nloop hack in GSdx config
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks a mil Bostiman, will give it a go then! If I may ask, what does Nloop hack actually do? I like to know what does what.

Thanks again. Good work
It's a special fix for that exact issue in FFX. ZeroGS calls it FFX Hack Tongue
So for anything else,have it disabled
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I see, ok thanks again, that's great!!! Now I have to start all over! 6 Hours of play getting redone!!! I never played more than 2 hours on my PS2 when I had it, so never seen the FMV's really...

Hate me, I do... it's ok, really!

Holding thumbs Bostiman!
I'm taking it this does not apply at all to FFX-2 as the same issue seems to be prevalent. I am just taking a stab in the dark but isn't FFX-2 made on the exact same premise as FFX? Therefore will the Nloop hack not work for X-2 as well as X?

I see a few threads on a similar line but jut thought if it IS the case this might be a good spot to have reference to it! Sorry if I'm mistaken...
(02-17-2009, 03:31 PM)biglad Wrote: I never played more than 2 hours on my PS2 when I had it, so never seen the FMV's really...
you do know that you have to have a ps2 to be able to use this emulator legally.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
LOL... I did have it about 6 months ago, it however broke... I got the BIOS from it about a year ago... Does this still count? I do have another PS2 but it is my nieces one. Got a fair trade with my Game Cube...

I do not like or support piracy, and as far as I know I'm still legit! If I must trash my current BIOS and get the one from the new PS2, consider it DONE!

All the games too are original, I only have the FF series... from 1 to 12... X, X-2 and XII being my only PS2 games!!! Oh, and the singstar and Buzz series!

Hope I'm still legal, as I LOVE this initiative!
To make a little more clarity... I only bought FFX-2 and FFXII about 2 weeks ago since I managed to get good results with PCSX2 and FFX. But I never really got more than 2 hours play on FFX as I only had it for about the last 3 months of my old PS2's life Sad

But the legend is going strong since the recent success on my part with the PCSX2 project. I have played it on the PS2 but its just cooler playing them all on the PC!!!!