Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capabilities for PCSX2
Hello everyone I have a question regarding the ability for this computer to run PCSX2.

I really have no experience with computers or their capabilities, but as a surprise for christmas I would like to purchase this PC for my son. He enjoys computers and emulates alot but can only really get simple Emulators like PSone and NES to run on his laptop that he bought himself 2 years ago.

So instead of buying this and being saddened to realize that it does not have the ability to run PCSX2 and other complicated emulators, I thought I would ask you people first.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VIBOX-GA-FX-3-1-A...3369b63746

or would this model be better

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VIBOX-XQ27R-AMD-P...2eb7d0579c

Sponsored links

Both Will perform quite well With Some games. Which PS2 games does he actually own ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Thank you for the reply jesalvein.

I don`t think he has many driving games, mainly see I see alot of Resident Evil games , Metal Gear solid games , Final Fantasy games , Dragon Ball Z games mainly seems to be fighting and RPG.
As long as He doesn't Want to play his mgs games, it should be ok.
Mgs games would require a more powerful cpu to get playable speeds. His actual ps2 Will perform really better for Those games Wink
Could you recomend a good CPU speed Jesalvein, and I will go back to the company website and try to oick out a more suitable machine.

Thanks for all your help.
Go for a sandy bridge clocked @ 4.2 GHz and it should be fine.
What's your budget?
(11-17-2011, 02:54 AM)naoan Wrote: What's your budget?

My budget would be between 300 to 500 Euro. I do not need the monitor or any such components just the base.
Get any Intel Sandy Bridge CPU (Core i3/5/7 xxxx). It does not matter much the CPU is i3, i5 or i7. AMD CPUs do not work well with PCSX2, especially the newly AMD FX series. For the graphics card, the 5450 is a little weak for high resolution.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
Yeah! Sandy Bridge will perform good on Metal Gear Solid series too. Smile

Amd Cpu's are crap. Tongue2 (Just Joking)

The 5450 is ample for 2x or 1024 x 1024 resolution with dbz and final fantasy games. Tongue2 Though a higher version would surely prove better.

Anyways, I get constant 83 fps with no speedhack, constant frameskip and 3x Native. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]