Castaway
Question 
I recently made an iso of my sims 2 castaway (I do actually own the game, although I had to have a friend make the iso for me, as I don't know how to.)

every time I load the game I get to this screen,

[Image: gsdx_20090106123649.jpg]

then the game crashes...

I have tried using all the newest versions of Gsdx and zeroG, and I have an american PS2...

P.S. I know they say this game gets nothing, but I have seen people get it to work from youtube videos, to their own configurations working, so I was wondering if anyone could help.

Sponsored links

First, use Run CD/DVD.

Second, do not believe everything you see on Youtube, some people just fakes to increment the size of their e-peen Tongue2.
(01-07-2009, 08:08 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: First, use Run CD/DVD.

Second, do not believe everything you see on Youtube, some people just fakes to increment the size of their e-peen Tongue2.

Now I just get a black screen, which persists with whatever plugin I use.
Did you try with different Clamp modes?
What does that mean?

If by versions of PCSX2 than yes, and if you mean different settings in my plugin, than I have already tried that.
No, settings in PP versions. Sorry, I forgot this one was the official releases forum. You may want to try the playground (PP) version with different Clamp modes, just to see what you get. Some games got playable at these releases, so it's good to check it.
(01-08-2009, 09:51 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: No, settings in PP versions. Sorry, I forgot this one was the official releases forum. You may want to try the playground (PP) version with different Clamp modes, just to see what you get. Some games got playable at these releases, so it's good to check it.

I downloaded the Playground version, but I can't find clamp modes, could you tell me how or where to find them?
Make sure you downloaded latest beta, r528.

They're in Config/Advanced.
I tried that and I still just get the black screen, Any other Ideas?
(01-08-2009, 09:51 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote: No, settings in PP versions. Sorry, I forgot this one was the official releases forum. You may want to try the playground (PP) version with different Clamp modes, just to see what you get. Some games got playable at these releases, so it's good to check it.

This is the support forum for official releases, Playground is an official release, hes in the right place Wink

@ Azireal

Use the Linuzappz plugin, then click on config>cdvdrom

Now click select Iso and then File> Run cd/dvd

IF your game is still not loading after that, then its a bad rip, and you should try to rip again. If again it still doesnt work, the disk might be damaged or corrupted. Try running from the disk with the gigaherz plugin, and you'll know for sure.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram