Castlevania: Curse of Darkness Analog movement issues
For some reason, the right analog movement seems to be borked somehow when moving forward. I managed to bump the sensitivity up by 1 and have it work, but it just seems silly how the game acts like that

While I'm using a 360 controller, it seems silly how it only happens to castlevania and not other games in the emu or any of my games via steam

Sponsored links

So uh you've solved the problem and posted this thread to tell us how silly the game is? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-07-2012, 03:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: So uh you've solved the problem and posted this thread to tell us how silly the game is? Tongue

... I'm not going to bother with the insults right nor deal with your spam

My point in making this thread is why this odd glitch is occurring in just Castlevania, and I was hoping someone can explain why this is occurring from something trivial with the controllers.
So you're looking for other possible solutions...?
Maybe you didn't choose XInput in the Lilypad settings.

I honestly don't understand what you mean by "borked".
You turned the sensitivity up and it was better?
Some games just have a slower default sensitivity.
(01-07-2012, 09:30 PM)Rezard Wrote: So you're looking for other possible solutions...?
Maybe you didn't choose XInput in the Lilypad settings.

I honestly don't understand what you mean by "borked".
You turned the sensitivity up and it was better?
Some games just have a slower default sensitivity.

I wasn't sure about whether it was a possible glitch in the plugin itself. I did various settings with the plugins including the XInput like you stated, and the sensitivity with the analog still had persistent issues moving at a certain direction.

My thing when I said it was "borked" was due to that while the other games emulated had no sort of errors as the plugin was unmodified, only castlevania had that strange issue. And not to mention that going the other directions had no problem overall.
(01-07-2012, 08:45 PM)darkness35 Wrote: ... I'm not going to bother with the insults right nor deal with your spam

My point in making this thread is why this odd glitch is occurring in just Castlevania, and I was hoping someone can explain why this is occurring from something trivial with the controllers.

I seriously did not intent at any kind of insult. Your first post had no question in it, and it seemed you had solved the problem with no side effects, so maybe word what you want better next time.

So yeah it's possible the game has some issue with PCSX2, you could give the other input plugin, SSSXPad a try but I doubt that would help. You could also try setting clamp modes to full on both EE and VU along with changing round modes to something else than default...but all these solutions will reduce your speed thus are worse than the solution you are currently using.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-08-2012, 01:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: I seriously did not intent at any kind of insult. Your first post had no question in it, and it seemed you had solved the problem with no side effects, so maybe word what you want better next time.

So yeah it's possible the game has some issue with PCSX2, you could give the other input plugin, SSSXPad a try but I doubt that would help. You could also try setting clamp modes to full on both EE and VU along with changing round modes to something else than default...but all these solutions will reduce your speed thus are worse than the solution you are currently using.

Ah forgive me for not being clear with my question then Sad