Cat In The Hat!
Hello my name is Crash and im a bastard(yup, really! im not joking Blink), Im curious about a few things...
Havent tried PCSX2 in a long time and im interested to know on how is it running now.
I have an ASPIRE 5742G

CPU: Core i3-370M 2.4GHz
GPU: ATI HD 5470
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 320GB

It runs Dolphin perfectly(Even games like MK Armageddon run awesome), I wanna know how would it fare with PCSX2, What kind of FPS would i get on most games.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored links

Many games, i think 90% of all the games pS2
with good SETTINGS
will be fine on non-intensive games.
2.3 Ghz is weak for pcsx2, unfortunately.

Make sure you use MTVU hack from latest SVN to get a speedboost in many games.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-19-2012, 10:22 PM)sandra23 Wrote: Many games, i think 90% of all the games pS2
with good SETTINGS

That may be the case mademoiselle... However as far as i recall PCSX2 is a CPU hog, So that may cause a problem.
(02-19-2012, 10:32 PM)jesalvein Wrote: will be fine on non-intensive games.
2.3 Ghz is weak for pcsx2, unfortunately.

Make sure you use MTVU hack from latest SVN to get a speedboost in many games.

Well its a decent CPU, It runs games like Fifa 12, Skyrim V, Saints Row 3 etc... Without a problem. The i series are pretty fast... even for laptops.

Actually... The CPU is the best piece of hardware on that laptop...
[Image: scaled.php?server=689&filename=loljug.png&res=medium]
Well today you find out that pcsx2 is more cpu intensive than most PC games, good eh?
(02-19-2012, 10:37 PM)bastardcrash Wrote: That may be the case mademoiselle... However as far as i recall PCSX2 is a CPU hog, So that may cause a problem.

Well its a decent CPU, It runs games like Fifa 12, Skyrim V, Saints Row 3 etc... Without a problem. The i series are pretty fast... even for laptops.

Actually... The CPU is the best piece of hardware on that laptop...
[Image: scaled.php?server=689&filename=loljug.png&res=medium]

You are comparing native pc games to emulated ps2 games. That is a complete nonsense.

And yes, 2.3 ghz will be weak for most games under pcsx2. PS2 emulation is slow, and I suggest you read the sticky thread about this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I googled your CPU and it doesn't have turbo available.
So you're stuck with 2.4Ghz which will be okay for many games but too slow for others.
You'll have to try and see.