Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
I don't know how to use Celsius, period. Simplify it for me, if you are able to. Use baby steps if that's what it comes down to.

"Example:

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3: "

You get the picture. I have to ask why it was made to be so complicated?

Second, I followed instructions, it seems like only Leblanc will open my American memcard save file. After that everything jumps to automatic 99 max level, and then I click save, then while in-game it tells me there is no file format.

Tell me what I did wrong so I can avoid it in the future and so that I don't have to keep backing up my memory card files.

Thirdly -- I've tried doing the MyMC thing, I don't know how to export or import the save changes from that on to the memcard with Celsius.

Seriously, dumb it down so unbelievably stupid for me to understand. You don't need to get so technical with your explanation to explain the in depth details of every single function, I just need to know that doing (X) will result in (Y).

Thank you.

edit: Forgot to mention, it now say's that no FFX-2 file found in in-game Load Game lobby.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS

Sponsored links

(04-10-2015, 10:10 PM)trueshothaze Wrote: I don't know how to use Celsius, period. Simplify it for me, if you are able to. Use baby steps if that's what it comes down to.

"Example:

Step 1:
Step 2:
Step 3: "

You get the picture. I have to ask why it was made to be so complicated?

Second, I followed instructions, it seems like only Leblanc will open my American memcard save file. After that everything jumps to automatic 99 max level, and then I click save, then while in-game it tells me there is no file format.

Tell me what I did wrong so I can avoid it in the future and so that I don't have to keep backing up my memory card files.

Thirdly -- I've tried doing the MyMC thing, I don't know how to export or import the save changes from that on to the memcard with Celsius.

Seriously, dumb it down so unbelievably stupid for me to understand. You don't need to get so technical with your explanation to explain the in depth details of every single function, I just need to know that doing (X) will result in (Y).

Thank you.

edit: Forgot to mention, it now say's that no FFX-2 file found in in-game Load Game lobby.

Ok first thing I have noticed is that many people have trouble with it and I believe I know why.
Step 1/Extract Celcius out of it's rar folder onto your Desktop(should all be in 1 folder on your desktop).

Step 2/ open the folder to find 3 more along with 2 dll files. Open the bin file.

Step 3/There will be 2 more folders and 2 more dll files. The folders pertain to the version of windows you are running(32 bit or 64 bit) Open theo ne that is the same as your type of windows(Mine is 64 bit)

Step 4/Open the RELEASE folder and find the Celcius.exe file. If it is displayed as a black chocobo you have a save editor but if it is a blue
fancy icon you have the memory editor and you need to go back online and download the other type. Once you have the right type and have found the correct exe file the rest is simple.

Now as for Mymc that is also not so hard but I can see how it can be confusing.

Step 1/ Open mymc-gui.exe and pick your PS2 memory card.

Step 2/ Pick the save you want to extract and click the export Icon at the top(it's the green and black icon on the right) and extract it to your desktop.

Step 3/ Now this step should not be necessary but I will say it anyway. BACK UP THIS SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.

Step 4/ Use your editor of choice to edit the save and overwrite the save on the desktop(not your backup)

Step 5/ now this part always trips me up. even though you exported your save it is still in your memory card so you need to delete that or it won't import you edited save. So go to your save in Mymc and Highlight it now click File/Delete.

Step 6/ Now you can import your edited save back into your PS2 memory card file by clicking import(the left hand green and black icon at the top) and using the browser that pops up to go to your save.

Now if for some reason your chosen save editor does not allow you to save changes in a .PSU or .max(or any compatible format) then find the program called PS2SaveConverter and that will allow you to open your save then save it into PSU format.

If you still have ANY issues editing let me know and I will see if I can find the problem.
(04-11-2015, 08:12 AM)squall692 Wrote: Ok first thing I have noticed is that many people have trouble with it and I believe I know why.
Step 1/Extract Celcius out of it's rar folder onto your Desktop(should all be in 1 folder on your desktop).

Step 2/ open the folder to find 3 more along with 2 dll files. Open the bin file.

Step 3/There will be 2 more folders and 2 more dll files. The folders pertain to the version of windows you are running(32 bit or 64 bit) Open theo ne that is the same as your type of windows(Mine is 64 bit)

Step 4/Open the RELEASE folder and find the Celcius.exe file. If it is displayed as a black chocobo you have a save editor but if it is a blue
fancy icon you have the memory editor and you need to go back online and download the other type. Once you have the right type and have found the correct exe file the rest is simple.

Now as for Mymc that is also not so hard but I can see how it can be confusing.

Step 1/ Open mymc-gui.exe and pick your PS2 memory card.

Step 2/ Pick the save you want to extract and click the export Icon at the top(it's the green and black icon on the right) and extract it to your desktop.

Step 3/ Now this step should not be necessary but I will say it anyway. BACK UP THIS SAVE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE.

Step 4/ Use your editor of choice to edit the save and overwrite the save on the desktop(not your backup)

Step 5/ now this part always trips me up. even though you exported your save it is still in your memory card so you need to delete that or it won't import you edited save. So go to your save in Mymc and Highlight it now click File/Delete.

Step 6/ Now you can import your edited save back into your PS2 memory card file by clicking import(the left hand green and black icon at the top) and using the browser that pops up to go to your save.

Now if for some reason your chosen save editor does not allow you to save changes in a .PSU or .max(or any compatible format) then find the program called PS2SaveConverter and that will allow you to open your save then save it into PSU format.

If you still have ANY issues editing let me know and I will see if I can find the problem.

Alright, there seems to be something weird and I mixed it up big time.

I opened the thing in F1 and I was doing it completely wrong apparently. Thought, it's still very very confusing. The thing that has me stumped here is all of the different options between Leblanc, Elma, Moroda, and Yaibal. Yet, from the OP in this forum page, there's supposed to be a Clasko option? I don't seem to have that option and I don't know why.

I've been opening and trying so many times using the Leblanc option because it was the only one at the time that seemed to have any effect in opening a MyMC save export. Apparently I was doing that wrong from the start? I don't know. But anyways, I left PCSX2 open this time after looking at what to do with F1 trying to figure something out, and now the Yaibal option lets me choose the PCSX2 program. Before, it wouldn't even appear as an option to open.

Now I seem to have hit yet another confusing snag, because it will not open the PCSX2 memcard with the Yaibal option saying it can't open for reading.

The steps you provided earlier, also, apparently aren't helping my problem. Am I supposed to open the MyMC export with the Leblanc option and then make the changes, and then switch to the Yaibal, Elma, or Moroda option to save changes to the memcard?

I'll wait for your response before testing out that theory so that I hopefully don't mess anything up.

edit: Also, I don't have the black icon Celsius that you're talking about. I've done as you suggested with redownloading it but it isn't there, just the one with the blue fancy icon. Not sure where I can get the one with the black icon.
System:
(04-11-2015, 09:15 PM)trueshothaze Wrote: Alright, there seems to be something weird and I mixed it up big time.

I opened the thing in F1 and I was doing it completely wrong apparently. Thought, it's still very very confusing. The thing that has me stumped here is all of the different options between Leblanc, Elma, Moroda, and Yaibal. Yet, from the OP in this forum page, there's supposed to be a Clasko option? I don't seem to have that option and I don't know why.

I've been opening and trying so many times using the Leblanc option because it was the only one at the time that seemed to have any effect in opening a MyMC save export. Apparently I was doing that wrong from the start? I don't know. But anyways, I left PCSX2 open this time after looking at what to do with F1 trying to figure something out, and now the Yaibal option lets me choose the PCSX2 program. Before, it wouldn't even appear as an option to open.

Now I seem to have hit yet another confusing snag, because it will not open the PCSX2 memcard with the Yaibal option saying it can't open for reading.

The steps you provided earlier, also, apparently aren't helping my problem. Am I supposed to open the MyMC export with the Leblanc option and then make the changes, and then switch to the Yaibal, Elma, or Moroda option to save changes to the memcard?

I'll wait for your response before testing out that theory so that I hopefully don't mess anything up.

edit: Also, I don't have the black icon Celsius that you're talking about. I've done as you suggested with redownloading it but it isn't there, just the one with the blue fancy icon. Not sure where I can get the one with the black icon.

Your problem seems to be that you are going into the more technical aspects of it.
I never touch the Yaibal, Elma or Maroda options as they seem to be for memory editing or something other than what we need. Also I have both versions(black chocobo and fancy icon) and I can't find the options for yaibal and the others which brings me to the idea that you either have an outdated version(one of the earlier versions in which the programs were separate) or you have downloaded the Open source version of it which is for people who either are helping out with the making of the editor or people who can make it customized not for people like you or me.

Just to make it clear then the instructions I posted are for save editing not for memory editing(not for editing the save while you play it on PCSX2). As such MYMC is a separate program and to be treated as such.
If you don't have the version with the Black chocobo icon get Celsius-1.5.0.4275 as this is the one I am currently using and it works nearly perfectly and is easy to use. It is featured in the attached files in THIS THREAD.
As for the latest version I have figured out how it works and with this one you don't need MyMC at all to make a PSU out of your save or to extract at all.

Step 1/ Open the editor(you know how)
Step 2/ Press F2(F1 is for instructions)
Step 3/ At the top there is a Dropdown menu that is set on Accessories
Change this to PSU file.
Step 4/ Near the bottom is a Line that says PsuIO: YAIBAL, Click on yaibal to
see it is another dropdown menu so make it say MARODA.
Step 5/ Go back to the editor itself and click open and go to your PCSX2
memory card and load that then load your save from that.
Step 6/ With your save loaded it is a matter of going through the options
and selecting what you want(The little arrows at the bottom to
change menus for that)
Step 7/ Save and now load your game from PCSX2 without problems.
(04-14-2015, 08:10 AM)squall692 Wrote: As for the latest version I have figured out how it works and with this one you don't need MyMC at all to make a PSU out of your save or to extract at all.

Step 1/ Open the editor(you know how)
Step 2/ Press F2(F1 is for instructions)
Step 3/ At the top there is a Dropdown menu that is set on Accessories
Change this to PSU file.
Step 4/ Near the bottom is a Line that says PsuIO: YAIBAL, Click on yaibal to
see it is another dropdown menu so make it say MARODA.
Step 5/ Go back to the editor itself and click open and go to your PCSX2
memory card and load that then load your save from that.
Step 6/ With your save loaded it is a matter of going through the options
and selecting what you want(The little arrows at the bottom to
change menus for that)
Step 7/ Save and now load your game from PCSX2 without problems.

There was no chocobo black icon in the 1.5.0 build attachment. I've checked all of them, none of them have the black icon that you speak of.

edit: Also, didn't say anything about the Clasko option thing. Is that or is it not supposed to be an option in this thing? And if you can, provide a link to a download for a version that has the black chocobo icon that you're speaking of because honestly, for whatever reason it is just simply not in any of the attachments that you can download of previous versions from the OP.

Or, have you been just trolling this entire time? If so, haha. I'm rolling my eyes.

edit2: Well, they DO have the black chocobo icon. But they don't have the options you're talking about. This is just annoying and I'm about to just rip up some damn codes and use the damn pnach sh because it's much easier and simple even though using pnach will not give me what the hell I'm looking for to do on the damn thing.

Also, forgive my choice of language, I'm chill so don't worry.
System:
Process in steps with the latest version 1.5.1.4280

Step 1: Open Celsius (the one with blue icon, since I don't have the "black" icon one)
Step 2: Press F2 for Properties
Step 3: With properties open, the drop-down arrow path reads as "Accessories" - change that to "PSU File".
Step 4: In this list of options, click the "+" icon next to "Parent" for more options.
Step 5: Find PsuIO
Step 6: If it says Yaibal, Elma, or Leblanc, change it to Moroda
Step 7: Press Esc to exit the properties menu. (Though typically this step can be skipped over imo)
Step 8: Click "Open" at the bottom to open a menu listing the options of memcards to open.
Step 9: Select the memcard you wish to edit.
Step 10: Click "Accept" once you've decided which memcard you want to edit.
Step 11: (?) I seem to have run in to an error that reads "Failed to open for reading" with the PCSX2 memcard file path.

If you can tell me what I did wrong if I'm missing a step, then please, fill me in. Because this drives me nuts trying to figure it out if I can't even open the file to change anything. Even with the PsuIO set to Leblanc it will let me open the memcard I want to edit, but all of the stats are incorrect, setting Yuna, Rikku, and Paine to max levels instantly even though they are not.

Something is very wonky here.

edit: The Logging reads as defined by; "Target [BESLES-51815FF101] not found."
System:
OK there might be one thing I can think of that might cause this but not sure.
Go to your memory card and it's folder and right click both and open their properties and make sure the read only box is UNCHECKED.
I have found that some ppl have this option turned on for their whole pc and this can sometimes lead to problems when cheating, hacking or memory editing.
If that doesn't work I don't know what you are doing wrong because I just followed your steps 1 to 10 and only had that error when I pressed cancel instead of OK.
Only other thing I can think of is the memory card you are trying to open doesn't have a FFX-2 save in it or the save is for an unsupported region(don't think any regions are unsupported tho)
So maybe check that by loading your game save and checking which memory card and check you aren't trying to load an old backup or something.
does this work for the ps3 hd version?
(05-27-2015, 11:21 AM)bustersword Wrote: does this work for the ps3 hd version?
HAHAHAHAHA I been asking that for months.
My answer is not directly at the very least.
There is a way to use FFXED on the PS3 version of FFX but so far nobody has been willing to tell me if there is a method of doing the same thing with Celcius and FFX-2.