Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
Nope, it doesn't do that.

Sponsored links

(08-25-2011, 03:08 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: psem07 - Yes, you can use the editor from build 2 to modify your levels and give your characters the items you need.

Just make sure there are no 'Warning - Clamping' entries in Logging, these would tend to indicate that an offset is pointing to an incorrect location.

That is the reason for making 3 saves, the first one would be a safety save, that you can go back to if anything goes wrong.

I am keen to make Celsius available to as wide an audience as possible now that I'm happy with the feature set. Hopefully someone with the NA NTSC version (BASLUS-20672) would be willing to help out. It's also fun working with people on projects like this.

I copied build 2 on to my games machine and it seems to display the Japanese text ok, looks the same as your screenshot. Games machine is Windows 7 Professional x64, Dev machine is Windows 2008 Enterprise Server x64.

Celsius also supports In-Memory editing, are you familiar with Cheat-Engine or ArtMoney? Would need one of these to find the location of the save within PCSX2's memory.

Ok, will take note of the 'Warning - Clamping' entries.

So it seems Win 7 has better support for Japanese text.

Nope, totally unfamiliar with cheat-engine and artmoney. First time I have heard of these two.
Somehow I'm unable to edit the save game using the second build. I had adjusted all my characters to lvl 99, added the accessories and garment grid, etc, and saved accordingly. There wasn't any error message in the logging. But when I loaded the game in the emulator, my characters' levels remained unchanged. The same goes for the other changes made in Celsius.

psem07 - Sorry about that, forgot I had commented out the save code when I was testing the CRC offsets. Attached build 3, with the save code re-enabled.

Attached Files
.7z   BISLPS-25250-Offsets-Build-3.7z (Size: 464,09 KB / Downloads: 295)
(08-26-2011, 03:45 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: psem07 - Sorry about that, forgot I had commented out the save code when I was testing the CRC offsets. Attached build 3, with the save code re-enabled.

Now able to save and everything went smoothly. Zip file with special dress-sphere abilities game saves and readme text attached.

Attached Files
.7z   Celsius Build-3_Special Dress-spheres abilties saves.7z (Size: 32,96 KB / Downloads: 298)
psem07 - Looking good ^^. Attached build 4, with special Dresspheres enabled.

Bit of an explanation for what is happening with these offsets.

The Ability data is stored in blocks, in the European version these blocks are of size 0x6A0 bytes, in your version the block size is 0x600 bytes, 0xA0 (160) bytes removed.

To complicate matters, the bytes have not been removed from the end of the block, but from location 0x470 within the block.

To further complicate matters, the Special Dresspheres (Right Pistil, Left Pistil, Smasher-R, Crusher-L, Dextral Wing, Sinistral Wing) have 2 separate blocks each (in a pattern which is difficult to make sense of).

So I had to cater for both of these when adjusting the Ability offsets - some code for anyone who is interested ...
Code:
foreach (Slot[][] Character in m_Abilities)
{
    foreach (Slot[] Page in Character)
    {
        foreach (Slot Ability in Page)
        {
            Int32 Major = (Ability.Offset / 0x6A0) * 0xA0;                    // Number of Blocks
            Int32 Minor = (Ability.Offset % 0x6A0) >= 0x470 ? 0xA0 : 0x00;    // Position within Block

Ability.Offset -= Major + Minor;
        }
    }
}

Just a few things left to check.
1. Publicity (Calm Lands).
1a. Talk to one of the Attraction Vendors to start this up (Argent or Open Air) + buy some Credits. (You get 100 free to start with).
1b. Talk to the guy close to the Item shop to start up the Marriage subquest.
1c. Try the Publicity/Matchmaking action out on anyone you talk to from here on. (Square button).
1d. Talk to quest givers to find out your scores.
2. Clasko's Store (Calm Lands) - Chapter 3, if you have not opened the Chocobo Farm yet, go to the Chocobo Farm (Monster Arena in FFX) entrance. If Clasko is there talk to him and do the quest to open the farm, if he's not there you can't open it. Talk to Clasko about 'Nutritive Greens' to find out what he has in Stock.
3. Tower (Thunder Plains) - Chapter ?, transfer down to Thunder plains, if the subquest is available an Al'Bhed will be standing close to the Save Sphere, talk to him to unlock the Calibration minigame, attempt a calibration on a few Towers. The Al'Bhed guy will move to the shop in the centre of Thunder Plains, talk to him there to find out your score.
4. Parts Catalogue (Bikanel Desert/Djose Temple) - do some digging in the Desert, return to Djose Temple to find out the number/type of parts you have (room on right of the stairs as you enter Temple proper). These appear in a different order in Celsius, so compare by name.
5. Make a save and verify that the numbers displayed in the relevant section of Celsius are the same as you see in-game.

I'll start integrating the changes required into the main build. I'll add a credit for you into Help/About and 1st post, let me know if you want it to be for something other than 'psem07'.

Attached Files
.7z   BISLPS-25250-Offsets-Build-4.7z (Size: 464,81 KB / Downloads: 252)
(08-28-2011, 10:49 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Just a few things left to check.
1. Publicity (Calm Lands).
1a. Talk to one of the Attraction Vendors to start this up (Argent or Open Air) + buy some Credits. (You get 100 free to start with).
1b. Talk to the guy close to the Item shop to start up the Marriage subquest.
1c. Try the Publicity/Matchmaking action out on anyone you talk to from here on. (Square button).
1d. Talk to quest givers to find out your scores.
2. Clasko's Store (Calm Lands) - Chapter 3, if you have not opened the Chocobo Farm yet, go to the Chocobo Farm (Monster Arena in FFX) entrance. If Clasko is there talk to him and do the quest to open the farm, if he's not there you can't open it. Talk to Clasko about 'Nutritive Greens' to find out what he has in Stock.
3. Tower (Thunder Plains) - Chapter ?, transfer down to Thunder plains, if the subquest is available an Al'Bhed will be standing close to the Save Sphere, talk to him to unlock the Calibration minigame, attempt a calibration on a few Towers. The Al'Bhed guy will move to the shop in the centre of Thunder Plains, talk to him there to find out your score.
4. Parts Catalogue (Bikanel Desert/Djose Temple) - do some digging in the Desert, return to Djose Temple to find out the number/type of parts you have (room on right of the stairs as you enter Temple proper). These appear in a different order in Celsius, so compare by name.
5. Make a save and verify that the numbers displayed in the relevant section of Celsius are the same as you see in-game.

I'll start integrating the changes required into the main build. I'll add a credit for you into Help/About and 1st post, let me know if you want it to be for something other than 'psem07'.
I managed to get the numbers for subquest Publicity and Tower. However I don't really know what to do for Clasko's store (he isn't there since I didn't do related quests in Chp 1 and 2) and Parts Catalogue (digged but can't enter the Temple).

I'm still using Chapter 3 saves. Any workaround?

Djose Temple will open up again in Chapter 4. As for Clasko, theres no workaround except going back to Chapter 2, wouldn't bother with it if I was you.

I'd say just keep playing as you are and enjoy the game.
(08-29-2011, 10:33 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: Djose Temple will open up again in Chapter 4. As for Clasko, theres no workaround except going back to Chapter 2, wouldn't bother with it if I was you.

I'd say just keep playing as you are and enjoy the game.

So you mean to say I need only to give you the numbers for the publicity/marriage subquest and the Tower subquest in order to proceed with the new build?

I am confident that these offset values are correct, they appear near the start of the save and haven't been adjusted. Just need you to let me know if you see anything that looks wrong, no need to rush through the game to do this.

Thank you again for your assistance with this.