Champions of Norrath help
Would be very appreciative of any advice in terms of what settings I should use for CoN. 

My specs are:

2600K @ 4ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 1080
W10

Currently running on D3D11 hardware mode. FPS are pretty good - often 60 - but drop often. Occasionally certain localised bits of various areas make the game run in what feels like slow motion, too.

Any and all help much appreciated. 

S

Sponsored links

Make sure you have a recent development build from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

Use the OpenGL Hardware Rendered and be sure to enable HW Hacks and in that section, tick the "Fast Invalidation" hack as that helps these Snowblind games a LOT

the MTVU speedhack will also help Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Checking "Allow 8-Bit Textures" might improve performance a bit, too.

(12-24-2016, 05:08 PM)refraction Wrote: the MTVU speedhack will also help Smile
Turning it off might... MTVU enabled reduces performance by ~10% in Champions of Norrath on my system. I think it has a negative effect on all of the Snowblind engine games.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(12-24-2016, 06:26 PM)Dreadmoth Wrote: Checking "Allow 8-Bit Textures" might improve performance a bit, too.

Turning it off might... MTVU enabled reduces performance by ~10% in Champions of Norrath on my system. I think it has a negative effect on all of the Snowblind engine games.

Yeah it seems to vary, for me it speeds things up.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@Dreadmoth: Gregory's recent vif-hash commit might've improved the MTVU situation on the latest git release. It removed some of the MTVU slowdown I experienced and created a minor FPS boost in some games which slowed down a little before.
(12-24-2016, 06:37 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeah it seems to vary, for me it speeds things up.
Interesting. Maybe hyperthreading affects it?

(12-24-2016, 06:45 PM)FlatOut Wrote: @Dreadmoth: Gregory's recent vif-hash commit might've improved the MTVU situation on the latest git release. It removed some of the MTVU slowdown I experienced and created a minor FPS boost in some games which slowed down a little before.
That was with the latest git release. I'm not sure about CoN, but I think the performance hit is smaller than it used to be in BG: Dark Alliance 2.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D