Changing windows theme affects PCSX2 performance
I don't what kidn of stuff is happening on the emulator's code, it feels like it will kill my pc one day, but this happens:
Windows 7 Default
[Image: Sem_T_tulo_3.png]
Windows 7 basic(and other basic themes from windows)
[Image: Sem_T_tulo_2.png]
Explain me.

Sponsored links

Looks to me like something windows is doing is eating your CPU time. If you notice in the normal theme with full speed, the gs core is using 99% of a CPU thread, but in the basic theme one it is barely managing 60%. Which means either your graphics driver is eating time handling the basic windows theme, or something is hammering your CPU.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

But it's supposed to be the inverse! The default them is using aero, which east a lot of GPU vram. Basic shuts it down taking of the load. If anything were to be sucking the performance was photshop that I've opened to make the images and chrome which opens a load of processes, yet it still runs at 60 on default.
I'd say your GPU driver doesn't like the way Windows enables/disables Vsync on the fly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It's a GTX 760, with an i3 3220 @ 3.3GHZ, 8 GB of Ram.
Did you restart pcsx2 after you change the theme
I've seen that behavior(not only with pcsx2)when changing themes while the program is running
(02-23-2017, 08:39 PM)vsub Wrote: Did you restart pcsx2 after you change the theme
I've seen that behavior(not only with pcsx2)when changing themes while the program is running

I've actually changed the theme before opening PCSX2. and again it's not the case because if I revert back to normal theme, even with PCSX2 open , running a game, it goes back to normal. same happens when you ask windows to use basic when opening PCSX2, it just gets slow