Cheats Not Working With Command Line
I have cheats in a cheats folder in the root of the PCSX2 folder, they are all named with the correct checksum, and I can use them correctly when booting from PCSX2's GUI (also, none of them are .txt).

For whatever reason, these cheats (widescreen patches, mostly nemesis2000's) are not working when I launch my games from the command line. My log just gives the standard "No cheats found" message, but the cheats are there.

Is this a bug with PCSX2's command line features, or do I need to do something else with my patch files to make them work?

EDIT: I should add that I am specifying a custom directory for ini files in my .bat files to run each game - I suspect that this is the problem.

Sponsored links

(01-11-2013, 08:31 AM)JakobGibby Wrote: I have cheats in a cheats folder in the root of the PCSX2 folder, they are all named with the correct checksum, and I can use them correctly when booting from PCSX2's GUI (also, none of them are .txt).

For whatever reason, these cheats (widescreen patches, mostly nemesis2000's) are not working when I launch my games from the command line. My log just gives the standard "No cheats found" message, but the cheats are there.

Is this a bug with PCSX2's command line features, or do I need to do something else with my patch files to make them work?

EDIT: I should add that I am specifying a custom directory for ini files in my .bat files to run each game - I suspect that this is the problem.
Surely is not a fault on the command line for it is trying to find the file, just it is looking at the wrong place. In the edit you may have hit the spot. Something done in the batches is changing the locations.

PS: Make sure the .bat are running from the same directory PCSX2.exe is, if using shortcuts make sure the target directory is correctly set (Start in...).
Imagination is where we are truly real
nosisab Ken Keleh is correct. I wrote a custom front end for all my emulators so I could run anything from one place. Basically I have the front end run a bat file and the bat file runs the command line. The trick is that the bat file MUST be in the same location as your pcsx2 executable.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
Ok thanks, that was my problem. I will fix it now.