Cheats in FFXII Makes the Emulator Crash
Heya guys,

Since I had new hardware I thought let me retry Final Fantasy 12 again, but with cheats this time, now I know quite well how to work with pnach files by now, though when I start a new game, the emulator just simply crashes, I think it has to do with the cheat file, since I mostly change my settings when I get the game to work and am ingame, so I know what to tweak and what not, but ok back to the point.

This is my cheat.pnach if anyone can tell me how and what I would be much obliged ^^

Sponsored links

There is no technical error on those codes, but still it does not means the addresses are correct for the game version you're running.

That's where to look for the issue source, try using the PS2Vers utility against your DVD/ISO (you need to mount the ISO on a virtual driver) and compare the generated code with that one provided at Codetwink, assuming was there you got the codes.
Imagination is where we are truly real
refind the money cheat (shouldn't take too long, use a savestate before you start) and see if it matches up, if it doesn't non of your codes are right. just do hexmath and fix them
hahaha that's the fun part, I don't know one thing about Hex Tongue
Pretty simple, open up windows calculator and change it to "programmer" then set the value to HEX.

Now, take the cheat codes you do have and compare it to the money code you remade... Subtract the old from the new to get your offset. Then just add/subtract that value to all of your codes.
[Image: 2748844.png]
If you want a cheat just for money, you can also use cheatengine. very easy to use.

haven't tested it with ff-xii, but with ff-x it works pretty well.

http://www.cheatengine.org/

search the value you have, spend some money, search the new value, edit.

Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
0.9.6 also had a functioning cheat search engine built in, I can only assume at some point we'll get one in the new UI as well. Or maybe it's just hidden, I can't find it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
try using the PS2Vers utility against your DVD/ISO (you need to mount the ISO on a virtual driver) and compare the generated code with that one provided at Codetwink