Checking why game runs better on 1 pc, just double checking why
Main desktop has 3770 with 16 gig ram, water cooled, Samsung evo ssd for windows 6tb Western Digital for all my Windows games, 1tb isos and emulator purposes.

Liberty City Stories runs at a constant 40fps even on ssd, defragged hd etc, at first I just assumed it was just a bad port as no other games seem to have an issue.

On my 4790k pc which yes I know has a higher clock speed and only 8 gig of ram and only a 250 gig hard drive as main and 4tb for games I get zero slowdown, same version emulator, same plugins used etc.

What is the problem? is the 800 mhz extra clock stopping all slowdown?

Sponsored links

definitely
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You are asking the obvious here, a better hardware always produces better results.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Not as obvious as you think, both are powerful cpus and everything else is worse in the bedroom pc.

Id assume the extra speed would cause less slowdown but still have random dips rather than zero dips at all.
Then, something is wrong with your 3770. What are EE and GS values during slowdown ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I will check, I assume something is up somewhere since I have never been able to get good speeds with LCS and VCS I just assumed cpu heavy game, but it has gone from 60fps in certain areas to permanently 40fps, I had same issue when I owned a 2700k thats why I was surprised the 4790k had zero slowdown at all even in scenes with loads of stuff on screen.
LCS is horribly coded. No one ever took the time to properly port it from the PSP to the PS2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah I know its a bad port, but doesnt explain why it runs so smooth on my newer i7 outside of it having a faster clock speed.

Anyway EE and GS seems to be around half maximum about 62 during the slowdown, also checked VCS and that seems to run much better, mostly 60fps but a small drop now and again to 40 for a second or so.

It could be a driver issue I dont know, both have identical graphics card(780ti Asus) but the bedroom one has a 2 month old driver and one in living room has newer one, I will reinstall Windows in bedroom pc and see if it changes much, was going to do it anyway.
What video renderer were you using ? Make sure to disable Intel speed step in the BIOS and, please also list all the other pcsx2 settings and make sure you are comparing them with the same pcsx2 version and the same settings.
- Refraction
Haswell cpus, like your 4790, are significantly faster for emulation than anything else, even at the same clock speed.